cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N56VZ goes straight to bios, with no boot options, going crazy!!

coolda
Level 7
guys ,please help! the hdd in my n56vz is completly dead, i got a new ssd, trying to boot windows from dvd\usb, and its impossible, bios would not give me any boot option. got the latest version 217....anybody has another bios with this problem solved? please
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Are you running Win7 or Win8?

If you have a Win8 unit, make sure you change the bios settings so that 'secure boot' is disabled under security and 'launch csm' is enabled under boot (you may need to disable secure boot then save and exit the bios before you can enable launch csm) and check your boot settings again after saving and exiting.

Hope this helps!

Yes, this bothered me when I was trying to install a retail version of Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop that originally had Windows 8 non-Pro installed. Building on what cl-Albert said, I followed these steps to get my computer to boot from my Windows DVD instead:

1.) Go to BIOS and disable Secure Boot (for me, I found it under "Advanced Boot Options" but yours may differ so just search).
2.) Save and exit changes and your computer will reboot.
3.) Go back to BIOS if it doesn't automatically show up after restarting
4.) Find the option to Enable CSM and then once you turn that on, you would be able to select your boot options like the Hard Drive, Disc Drive and USB if applicable.

Thanks a lot. Mine is a N56vj, in the bios I made a factory reset and after that the laptop went straight to the BIOS. Your solution save me!!!