cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about the fans of my G750JM

AshernFive
Level 7
Hello! I recently purchased the G750JM model within the last month, and I've noticed something that is particularly troubling. I read around and found an answer, but I Just want to be sure. The question I have is: are the fans supposed to work this way? The left fan (if facing the screen) noticeably blows out a lot of air, while the right fan never seems to be blowing out the same amount of heat. I'm concerned that the right fan is not working as intended?

What I read earlier was that the left fan was the CPU fan, and the right was the GPU fan, but is that true? And will the right fan only start shelling out heat if I'm running a graphic-intensive program? If anyone could answer, that would be great. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

AshernFive
Level 7
bump

NovaHova
Level 7
Yes thats correct, CPU and GPU both have their fans.

hmscott
Level 12
AshernFive wrote:
Hello! I recently purchased the G750JM model within the last month, and I've noticed something that is particularly troubling. I read around and found an answer, but I Just want to be sure. The question I have is: are the fans supposed to work this way? The left fan (if facing the screen) noticeably blows out a lot of air, while the right fan never seems to be blowing out the same amount of heat. I'm concerned that the right fan is not working as intended?

What I read earlier was that the left fan was the CPU fan, and the right was the GPU fan, but is that true? And will the right fan only start shelling out heat if I'm running a graphic-intensive program? If anyone could answer, that would be great. Thanks.

AshernFive, yes, you read correctly - there are dozens of such posts - with the same answers over and over - you can test it out yourself by running a CPU benchmark / stress test and see only the left fan go to 100%, and then run a GPU benchmark/stress test and see that fan go to 100%. And, then run both 🙂

That is beauty of the dual cooler/fan system, only the fan needed to run runs, and only the CPU loads the CPU heatsink with heat, and only the GPU loads the GPU heatsink with heat. It is much better than the single cooler / single fan systems.

And, yes, it is much larger on the inside than it appears from the outside 🙂

AshernFive
Level 7
Thanks! I tried searching for other questions pertaining to this before I posted, but I couldn't find any more than the one that caught me eye.