cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Acrylic Cases

Lokiey
Level 7
Ok i wanted to put a question out there to all our mod men/women and hardcore builders a question and see what everyone has to say. Ok so years ago we had danger den and then the finally closed there doors and stopped selling cases to the public unfortunately and they weren't configurable. Well my question is what would you guys think if you could get something even more bad ass and have it completely configured and custom tailored to your desire? This means everything from bay placement, hard drive placement the works and have custom etchings on the side or themed? Im looking for everyone's feed back from the builders,mod masters and people tired if steal cases they have to mod instead of having it built that way for them in colored acrylic.

Best Reguards
Lokiey
Warped Vision PC
11 REPLIES 11

10upn2down
Level 7
Well, as a person who buys a lot of stuff I see no need for a true normal custom case. I mean we have hundreds to choose from, if you are thinking of starting a business then think big. I just ordered a gaming desk that the PC is inside the desk. The top is clear pretty badarss, now if that's what your talking about go for it, you could be the the Case Boss.. you know Cake Boss!!!! no charge for the name:) I'm thinking about making a PC in a clear floor, we would be watching the tube, gaming and the cooler would be flowing under our feet. Complete with fish, be the bomb. That has a market IMO

10upn2down wrote:
Well, as a person who buys a lot of stuff I see no need for a true normal custom case. I mean we have hundreds to choose from, if you are thinking of starting a business then think big. I just ordered a gaming desk that the PC is inside the desk. The top is clear pretty badarss, now if that's what your talking about go for it, you could be the the Case Boss.. you know Cake Boss!!!! no charge for the name:) I'm thinking about making a PC in a clear floor, we would be watching the tube, gaming and the cooler would be flowing under our feet. Complete with fish, be the bomb. That has a market IMO

Well no im a complete builder and i just partnered with designers and fabricators as i get ready to launch my crowd funding for my business. What your talking about is the harbinger desk and i like many have thought about an all acrylic version of the desk and it can be done. The issue comes with shipping it, its weight would be staggering and cost 1/2 of what you paid for it to ship and then moving it if ever needed would be difficult. I agree we do have 100's of cases to choose from but honestly unless your a case modder there all pretty boring. Its time for something fresh,customizable and bad ass to come back to the scene that we haven't seen in awhile and look better then you have seen in the past.

here is just a few examples to give you an idea below

totalrognoob
Level 7
To be honest, as a person that will have a laser cutter of their own, I probably wouldn't find your company to be worth it to me. The idea is awesome though, and would certainty provide a breath of fresh air to some people who find most cases boring.

Lokiey
Level 7
Well im not sure what your saying, as a person ( as in you ) who already has a laser cutter, you can provide your own mods and cases, correct? My business is going to be for the people who want the complete builds, start to finish because they lack the skills and dont want to be ripped off either. Now my partners will also be able to provide custom cases to builders with skill but want a custom one off case themed after there build that they have in mind. The fact is not many have the skills to mod metal cases and end up doing more harm then good or its not much of an improvement over what they started with to begin with. I saw an out cry on the web after danger den stopped making there cases despite not being custom and saw a demand to the public. I also got tired of seeing companies like alienware not only getting old and tired but over charging people well beyond what is fair for a brand with an alien head, its stale and over priced. So i finally decided its time to do something about it and bring something fresh back to market. I think with my skills in building and my partners skills in design and fabrication we can bring quality back to market at a fair price. The extreme builders want to and should want to show off there rig with pride and i think ill be able to provide that on several levels and be more unique then we have seen in the past.

totalrognoob
Level 7
I believe I misunderstood your original post and thought you were going to simply sell cases, my mistake. I apologize for my failure to understand your question. Now that I understand what are trying to do, may I ask how you plan to have people customize their cases(do they upload engineering drawings, a sketchup file, simply describe it?)?

kkn
Level 14
it will be too expensive building cases like this ( im aiming at the case it self ) becouse of the high price of the acrylic it self.
ive looked around for prices on it and it is not cheep.
you need either a cnc controlled router or a watercutter or a laser if you could afford it.
for just one sheet of acrylic when i asked was around 148 euros for 5mm ( 1000mm x 2000mm x 5mm ) clear acrylic, and that was 2 years ago.

Lokiey
Level 7
@total, We already have partners that will do all the design and cutting based on your needs and descriptions and will work with clients wanting full custom and not slandered 2 color acrylic case. They will show clients there mock ups from cad and take feedback until you get just want you want for your warped vision build.

@kkn My partners are very experienced in this field and have all the proper equipment to build and design any case or creation. The cost is not much higher then any high end metal cases that range from $150 on the low end to $500 on the high end and looks a million times better. When you have clients who are already willing to spend anywhere from 3k-10k on an aliendell cost is not there factor. This is not going to be an easy endeavor but like most companies you buy bulk for better prices so the savings can be sent back to the customer. Ive look at this from every angle and realized i can build better looking rigs using better hardware then aliendell and do it cheaper for the clients.

kkn
Level 14
well as long as you dont have to pay/buy a machine and just get others to cut it then i would say go for it.
i know as mutch that a watercutting machine is expensive on operating cost's.
we take around $138 a hour + material.
the major problem is to get income and ppl to buy it in the end.
if you are doing this on your spare time and you have/know others who operate machines like a cnc machine that you can "rent" for a cheep penny to cut then why not?

kkn wrote:
well as long as you dont have to pay/buy a machine and just get others to cut it then i would say go for it.
i know as mutch that a watercutting machine is expensive on operating cost's.
we take around $138 a hour + material.
the major problem is to get income and ppl to buy it in the end.
if you are doing this on your spare time and you have/know others who operate machines like a cnc machine that you can "rent" for a cheep penny to cut then why not?

Ok maybe i wasn't very clear and for that i apologize, my business is the custom building of the computers and my partners do all the cases. When a client orders a computer he will be working closely with me and my partners to get exactly it is they want for a theme build. We also have default builds available but yes my partners have a full shop with all the equipment and supply's to do it all so with bulk cost its very doable. The fact is id rather have a custom case like this for my build then some boring cooler master that everyone has and non of my personality to it.