cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics problem on brand new ROG G750JS

Krokkodriljo
Level 7
Hi,

I bought my ROG G750JS just a few weeks ago and already have problems with the screen/graphics (see attached picture).

The problem isn't there all the time, but happens quite often. Sometimes it goes back to normal after just a few seconds, sometimes it's there until I restart the computer, and sometimes I can even restart without getting rid of the problem.

Any ideas?

BR
Johan
1 REPLY 1

hmscott
Level 12
Krokkodriljo wrote:
Hi,

I bought my ROG G750JS just a few weeks ago and already have problems with the screen/graphics (see attached picture).

The problem isn't there all the time, but happens quite often. Sometimes it goes back to normal after just a few seconds, sometimes it's there until I restart the computer, and sometimes I can even restart without getting rid of the problem.

Any ideas?

BR
Johan

Johan, that doesn't look good... it looks like a GPU memory problem.

When you game does it happen right away, or only after a while of playing?

Usually that kind of speckling green in images happens when increasing the GPU memory speed, overclocking, and then you back down a bit, reduce the frequency increase, to get rid of the green speckles.

If you have those green speckles at normal speeds, then something is wrong - if you are still in the return period you need to return to the seller/vender and swap for another one.

If you are past the return period to the seller, then file a Technical Inquiry and explain in detail what you are seeing and attach a zip file with those images to the Technical Inquiry, and ask for an RMA to fix the problem.

https://vip.asus.com

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂