cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R4BE and my 3930K

meankeys
Level 13
I received my R4BE that I RMA'd (did a cross ship) It seems to be working fine. My question is My 3930K would do 5400 MHz all day @ 1.565v no matter what I through at it. (my wall speed) On my M4Gene. On The R4BE I am barley reaching 4900 @ 1.585v before it will shut down. I just got it setup and still testing but wouldn't you think it should do better? SS cooling

Thoughts - Comments
thx
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah I have seen this before, each board is different and will work differently. The common error that folks make is expect the same settings to work on different boards, as you have seen this is not always the case.

The CPU is still the same and you will just have to find the 'new' settings for your new board.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

meankeys
Level 13
A Viz
Good to read you. I understand about the settings and voltages but I guess you answered my question about the cpu being the same. So technically I should be able to reach 5400 MHz on this cpu if I find the boards happy spot or no all boards are different and I may not be able to hit that freq.

Thx

meankeys
Level 13
Ok I think I got it 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

meankeys
Level 13
Thanks Arne

Now she is dialed in

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, great stuff....you should post up what changes you worked in going from RIVE to RIVBE with SB-E...I think it would interest some people who have done the same and expected the boards to work the same....