cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 JW Overheating?

esunaga
Level 7
Hello, I bought my ASUS ROG G750 JW a month ago, and recently I've noticed the fans working harder than usual. Checking the temps, I noticed both CPU and motherboard are always around 50 ºC when the laptop is idle, and the temps go up to around 70 ºC when I'm using it properly. It also drops considerably when I'm not using the power cable (always stays around 35-40ºC, idle or not). I'm not sure if these temps are too bad or not - I haven't noticed a drop in performance and the laptop never crashed. I can play games just fine as well, and the fans are not super loud or anything. Oh, and I use a cooling pad (it has a single, big fan), always working on max.
Another thing that I noticed using aida64 is that the CPU fan is always working with high RPM (due to the high temperatures, I would assume), something between 2500-2800. The GPU fan is always at 0%. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this when I'm not playing games (I checked it once while playing Final Fantasy XIV on high settings and it was still at 0%, but I had been playing for less than ten minutes).
Since my understanding of computer stuff is quite limited, I asked around and some people say these temperatures are normal for my machine, others say they're too high, so I decided to ask here. What should I do to fix the problem if they're too high? Is this a hardware problem, or can I fix it just by changing settings? Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Perfectly fine. 80*C is sort of a worry, 85*C and 90*C is when you start to question the paste job.

The chips can handle up and over 100*C believe it or not.

70's great.

esunaga
Level 7
Thank you for the reply! Then I shouldn't worry? I tried to see how the temperature changed with other games, played Dragon Age for a few minutes and CPU/motherboard temps went up to 90*C... but GPU temperature remained almost the same, around 45*C. And the GPU fan stayed at 0%.