cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphics card

william131313
Level 7
can the graphics card on this notebook be upgraded?
8 REPLIES 8

Retired
Not applicable
theoretically yes, but realistically no.

the G51 graphic cards are mxm modules. so they are graphic cards that can be removed and replaced with another mxm module. the only reason i say it can not be upgraded is because upgraded mxm modules chips may not have the same design as the original thus preventing the heatsink to be properly mounted to cool the gpu. IF the mxm had the same configuration and can be fitted to be used with the stock heatsink, then yes it can be upgraded, but we have no data of what can and not not be upgraded.

Retired
Not applicable
Sounds like a mod project

Retired
Not applicable
custom heatsink?

Retired
Not applicable
sorry i'm new of this forum i have a g51j asus notebook. i have a big big problem with the graphip card.after few minutes playing i can see a blue screen where is written that the file nvlddmkm.sys has stopped to work. and if i play windowed i read that the nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 260.99 has stopped to work. help me please

Retired
Not applicable
alig wrote:
sorry i'm new of this forum i have a g51j asus notebook. i have a big big problem with the graphip card.after few minutes playing i can see a blue screen where is written that the file nvlddmkm.sys has stopped to work. and if i play windowed i read that the nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 260.99 has stopped to work. help me please

try downgrading your driver. have you experienced these issues with older drivers?

alig wrote:

Try using an officially supported driver, you can download the original driver from the ASUS support web site linked below.

http://support.asus.com/download/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

I have one question: my laptop is Asus G53sw and I want to upgrade my graphic card to Nvidia Geforce gtx 675m. Is it possible?
Some pepole say it is because of PCI-Express 2.0 slot and OpenGL 4.1, but some of them say it is only comtabile with HM77 chipset. Please help me.

V2-V3 wrote:
Try using an officially supported driver, you can download the original driver from the ASUS support web site linked below.

http://support.asus.com/download/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

I have one question: my laptop is Asus G53sw and I want to upgrade my graphic card to Nvidia Geforce gtx 675m. Is it possible?
Some pepole say it is because of PCI-Express 2.0 slot and OpenGL 4.1, but some of them say it is only comtabile with HM77 chipset. Please help me.