cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP, g53sw's screen becomes white

Retired
Not applicable
As the title says, my laptop screen sometimes turn out totally blank WHITE, then after 1-60s, it becomes normal (normal means displaying windows environment scene) without any warning about Nvidia driver.
Anyone ever meet this problem ? Can it be a hardware failure ?
I really don't want to go to Asus repair center again (just come back from them for LCD replacement), is there anyway to make sure this is hardware-related or software-related problem ?

Thanks for any help.
10 REPLIES 10

JRd1st
Level 12
Well...... looks like someone screwed up. RMA

Unless you want to open it to check that the LCDV cable is secure, but opening the LCD bezel is tricky, I believe. To be safe, RMA. 😞
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Oh man, never thought what should be a great laptop can bring me such frustration. I hope you're right about the cable issue, this should be fixed less than a week.

chemicalx wrote:
Oh man, never thought what should be a great laptop can bring me such frustration.

A lot of people that come here get that same feeling. 😞

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
How frustrated, disappointed, angry.... I am
After a week leaving my G53 at the Service Center, I got it back on Nov 7, this time they did a LCD & cable replacement but....only after a few minutes of use, the old issue HAPPEN AGAIN, the screen becomes totally blank (I now really suspect the Asus warranty quality).
No one can understand my mood at this moment, have to leave my laptop in their hands once again and pray for LUCK next time.
Why all of these happen to me ? Now I really envy those that have their laptop work perfectly out of the box.

JRd1st
Level 12
Check to be sure you aren't in battery saving mode with Power4Gear.

Also, does your. Odel have an Azurewave or Atheros wifi card? If "yes" uninstall the driver and install this one ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/WLAN/WLAN_Atheros_Win7_64_Z921459.zip

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you, JRd1st. The issue occured when it was in Power4Gear High Performance. Can wifi driver be the cause of this ? I don't think the wifi have anything related to the screen. Anyway, now my laptop is in the Repair Center once again, I suspect that they had replaced my last defective cable with another defective one.

JRd1st
Level 12
The Atheros WiFi driver that ships with these units is AWFUL. It used to cause me white screens while browsing, and ALL kinds of lag when not browsing. If you have the Atheros Wifi card, Updating the driver with the one I linked will only help. Try to uninstall the old driver first then restart windows THEN install the new driver. 😉

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Just get the laptop back today, so far so good, hope I never have to come to the Service Center again.

JRd1st
Level 12
Keep us updated. And just because you have no problems, doesn't mean you can't come here. There are always things to learn. 🙂

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com