New Intel Chipset INF Update Utility 188.8.131.529 (core drivers) - Run in command line with -overall parameter
Intel Rapid Storage Technology 10.8.0.1003 - Release Notes
ATK Package 1.0.0014
KB Filter 1.003 x64
Fresco Logic USB 3.0 v184.108.40.206
Sentelic Touchpad 220.127.116.11 - Recommended
Sentelic Touchpad 18.104.22.168
Synaptics 22.214.171.124 - from Asus FTP (excruciatingly slow)
Synaptics Scrybe Driver v 15.2.20 - from Synaptics
Realtek HD Audio ALC269 Drivers R2.67 Official
New Realtek 8168 LAN Driver v7.050
Atheros LAN Adapter Driver v126.96.36.199
Atheros AR9002WB-1NG WiFi v188.8.131.520
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT Combo Card and Intel 6150 w/WIMAX (for those who replaced their Atheros WiFi/BT Adapter) - Intel WiFi 184.108.40.206
Atheros 3304 220.127.116.11 Bluetooth Drivers
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT Combo Card (for those who replaced their Atheros WiFi/BT Adapter)
Intel Bluetooth 18.104.22.168
Look HERE for the latest nVidia Graphics Drivers.
Catalyst Software Suite 11.12
Look HERE for ATI Crap Cleaner
Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 Integrated ISO
(burn to DVD with Windows Disk Image Burner for install disk, use activation code on label under notebook)
User Manuals - for those who RTFM first.
G53SX G53JW G53SW
Asus Apps to Keep
intentionally left blank
ABR (Activation Backup and Restore) - Info Just may save you a call to Microsoft. Be sure to download the Beta version.
CCleaner (Wait for the "Slim Build" or D/L the Installer version but don't forget to uncheck the toolbar option!!)
CPU-Z RoG 1.59 - Monitor CPU info with RoG skin
EaseUs Partition Master Home - is a ALL-IN-ONE partition solution and disk management freeware.
DPC Latency Checker - Very useful for troubleshooting lag or media dropouts
Driver Sweeper - Latest Version
GPU Tweak 22.214.171.124 - Public release. (updated by MarshallR)
HWInfo64 - Temperature Monitoring
Intel SSD Toolbox 3.0.1 - info
Media Player Classic Home Cinema
Notepad++ - Open Source source code editor and Notepad replacement
Partition Wizard Home - freeware partition manager. Allows copying (cloning) a partition to the same sized disk (must be rezized before copy operation begin). Also comes in bootable ISO version which has no limitations! .
Throttle Stop - Latest Version
Ubuntu 11.10 Bootable ISO - If you have a suspected hardware problem that doesn't involve playing games or using Skype etc, burn this iso and boot from it. Do you still have the problem? If yes, then hardware, else maybe Windows/drivers. Be sure to download the 64-bit ISO!
Volumouse - to dim display without causing flickering (Read THIS Post)
Black Viper's Win7 Super Tweaks
Black Viper's Win7 SP1 Service Configurations
Reinstall the Chipset (Core) Drivers
1. Put the installer infinst_autol.exe into a folder
2. Using Windows Explorer click on empty space in that folder
3. Shift +Right-click that empty space then select Open command window from the menu
4. In the Command Window type infinst_autol -overall and press enter
5. Allow the installer to do it's thing.
6. Restart Windows
The Safer Method to Flash a System BIOS
1. Format a USB drive to FAT32 format.
2. Download the new BIOS and unzip it to the USB drive.
3. Remove USB drive after you're certain the file transfer is complete.
4. Restart your notebook and while the ASUS logo is on the screen press F2 or del a few times to enter the BIOS setup.
5. Find the Easy Flash Utility and insert the USB drive. Tell Easy flash where your BIOS file is then follow directions explicitely!!!
6. When your notebook restarts, enter the BIOS Setup utility again and select "Load Optimized Defaults" (I think it's f9 )
7. Save and Exit, then continue into Windows.