cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ T4044H vs. T4096H

Shurigan
Level 7
Hi guys,

I am thinking about buying a G750JZ and these 2 models can be found almost at the same price on the web. The only significant difference I can notice is the i7 4710 of the 4096 model against the i7 4700 of the other one. Is it really just that?

For the same price, which one should I buy in your opinion? And why?

Thanks. 😉

https://www.asusworld.it/model.asp?p=2335428

https://www.asusworld.it/model.asp?p=2319835

(sorry for the italian website, I hope it is enough clear anyway)
42 REPLIES 42

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Hi Shurigan, and welcome to the Asus ROG forum.
The only thing I can see, one has a little faster CPU.
You Should go with the faster CPU, that would be my choice.
But if you really want more bang for your buck investment, I would go with any of the models with dual mSATA mSSD in RAID 0.
(If they are within your budget)
Take a look at these models >>>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=50001315&IsNodeId=1&Description=Asus%...
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

hmscott
Level 12
Shurigan, I concur with GottiBoi55's recommendation, if you are going for the top performance choice, with an 880m, you need the RAID0 to round out the performance.

Asus made the JZ top spec model more expensive than the previous generation JH, but RAID0 is worth it.

BTW, it is an M.2 NGFF format SATA interface, not mSATA.

hmscott wrote:
Shurigan, I concur with GottiBoi55's recommendation, if you are going for the top performance choice, with an 880m, you need the RAID0 to round out the performance.

Asus made the JZ top spec model more expensive than the previous generation JH, but RAID0 is worth it.

BTW, it is an M.2 NGFF format SATA interface, not mSATA.

Thanks for the SATA interface clarification.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Shurigan
Level 7
Thanks to both of you. 😄

Actually I initially started looking at "lower level" laptops and then decided to move to the rog series because those two models can be found at a really good price on italian online shops, compared to other notebooks with inferior specification.

Probably they are already more than what I need, since I won't have time to enjoy their gaming performance so often.

Anyway I think I'll add an SSD on my own. It's not a RAID 0 solution, but it's something.

Last question. Is it possible that another difference between those 2 models is the screen? The 4096 is reported as "non glare", while that's not the case for t4044h.

Shurigan wrote:
Thanks to both of you. 😄

Actually I initially started looking at "lower level" laptops and then decided to move to the rog series because those two models can be found at a really good price on italian online shops, compared to other notebooks with inferior specification.

Probably they are already more than what I need, since I won't have time to enjoy their gaming performance so often.

Anyway I think I'll add an SSD on my own. It's not a RAID 0 solution, but it's something.

Last question. Is it possible that another difference between those 2 models is the screen? The 4096 is reported as "non glare", while that's not the case for t4044h.

Shurigan, I understand, it isn't easy to stop going up just one more step in spec when ordering a laptop 🙂

In that case, you might consider a JM or JS? The JZ 880m really is an exceptional GPU, and if you don't game much a JM 860m or JS 870m are going to be much less expensive and also lighter and thinner. The JZ is a heavy beast.

All G750's except for the rare G750JX 3D model have non-glare or matte display's. And, none of the models call out which of the two possible makes of LCD panels such that you would pay more or less depending on which it is.

The i7-4700HQ CPU's are older spec, and the i7-4710HQ are newer spec. My 4700HQ can have it's multipliers unlocked with a program from Intel called Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - XTU - to allow turbo speed up to 3.6ghz, but I haven't had a 4710HQ to look at to see if that is possible with it. So I can't say which CPU is better.

It looks like the higher priced model has the same stuff otherwise, except it has the older CPU.

It makes no sense that the older spec model is listed for more money, but it is possible the seller got a better price on the newer shipment and can offer it for less.

Take the newer cheaper model with all the same parts and a better CPU 🙂

hmscott wrote:
Shurigan, I understand, it isn't easy to stop going up just one more step in spec when ordering a laptop 🙂

In that case, you might consider a JM or JS? The JZ 880m really is an exceptional GPU, and if you don't game much a JM 860m or JS 870m are going to be much less expensive and also lighter and thinner. The JZ is a heavy beast.

All G750's except for the rare G750JX 3D model have non-glare or matte display's. And, none of the models call out which of the two possible makes of LCD panels such that you would pay more or less depending on which it is.

The i7-4700HQ CPU's are older spec, and the i7-4710HQ are newer spec. My 4700HQ can have it's multipliers unlocked with a program from Intel called Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - XTU - to allow turbo speed up to 3.6ghz, but I haven't had a 4710HQ to look at to see if that is possible with it. So I can't say which CPU is better.

It looks like the higher priced model has the same stuff otherwise, except it has the older CPU.

It makes no sense that the older spec model is listed for more money, but it is possible the seller got a better price on the newer shipment and can offer it for less.

Take the newer cheaper model with all the same parts and a better CPU 🙂
The strange thing is that JM and JS series are really difficult to find here and if you find them they have prices even higher than those of JZ series in other shops!
The links that I put in my first post do not reflect the price that I would pay, which is much lower.

Thank you for the explanation however, I think I'll go for the T4096H then.

Shurigan
Level 7
Also, weight and size are not an issue for me. I have another laptop for work, this would be a sort of desktop replacement and actually I also prefer a powerful laptop like that not to be too thin. You know, heat. 😄

Shurigan wrote:
Also, weight and size are not an issue for me. I have another laptop for work, this would be a sort of desktop replacement and actually I also prefer a powerful laptop like that not to be too thin. You know, heat. 😄

Shurigan, I feel the same way 🙂

The JZ runs cooler than the JM/JS, same as the JH runs cooler than the JW/JX - but any of them - if running correctly - run cool enough.

Please come back and let us know how the T4096H works out 🙂

JerJer123
Level 7
My advice is to wait. Rumor is, ASUS is about to release some new G series with the new 970M/980M cards.