cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX working state!

DaemonXR
Level 10
I know, i know :cool: this title is a trap but i just wana say that my G74SX is working like a charm after two fracking years and grinding all new games and what not i install on them. I just reinstall OS after two years bcoz of a tiny slowdown (it was time for clean slate) and feel that i need to say this to ROG community!

Stay all well and keep your electronic pet fan wents clean and unobstructed 😄

Cheeeers
Enlight me!

ASUS G74SX-TY249D 8GB DDR3 1333MHz 2XWD BlackScorpio 7200rpm 500GB
6 REPLIES 6

HKRebel
Level 7
I Love the G74sx also, it has handled everything I've thrown at it so far. Bought it from a pawnshop 2 months ago, and still not a disappointment yet!!!!!!!
Laptop: G750JH Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Edition
Processor: i7-4700HQ
Graphics Card: GTX780M (4GB)
Memory: 32GB
Storage #1: dual 128GB solid state drives (Raid 0) 256GB)
Storage #2: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Storage #3: 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD (In Blue Ray Bay)

Can you tell me how did you re-install windows? Did u download new thing, burn to CD and use the code from bottom of laptop? or will that not work. Thanks

DaemonXR
Level 10
I got mine without OS so clean install precedure is straight forward.
Do you have Win 7 OS on disc?
Enlight me!

ASUS G74SX-TY249D 8GB DDR3 1333MHz 2XWD BlackScorpio 7200rpm 500GB

I've purchased asus g73 with windows 7 home premium preinstalled. But i have the windows 7 registration key on bottom of laptop. idk if that would work if i downloaded a copy of windows 7 from internet and used the key from my laptop to register it.

Thundergy wrote:
I've purchased asus g73 with windows 7 home premium preinstalled. But i have the windows 7 registration key on bottom of laptop. idk if that would work if i downloaded a copy of windows 7 from internet and used the key from my laptop to register it.

Your key will work if you download windows 7.

billyray520
Level 10
I bought a refurbed G73sw from ebay a couple of yrs. ago, and re-installed Windows 7 from download using key on bottom of unit. The refurb place had used their own OEM copy of WIndows, so I had to call in to Windows for them to give me some number to re-validate the original key. But it's been fine ever since.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7