cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Specification Request of Asus G751JY-T7065D

Seth76
Level 7
Can someone tell me the full specification of the model Asus G751JY-T7065D? Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

sa_stilom
Level 7
G751JY-T7065D
LCD Cover Color & Decoration Black
Top Case Color & Decoration Black
On board processor Intel Core i7-4710HQ Processor, 2.5 GHz (6M Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
Operating System Free DOS
Chipset Mobile Intel HM87 Express Chipsets
Memory Slot 4x
How to upgrade memory Upgradable
dedicate Memory door on Bottom side
DIMM Memory DRAM DDR3 8G
Total System Memory DRAM DDR3 8G
Storage SATA 1TB 7200RPM 2.5 HDD
Display 17.3//LED Back-lit//300nits//FHD 1920x1080 16:9//AG//NTSC:72%//EWV
External video display modes HDMI 1.4
VGA max. 2048*1536 @85Hz refresh rate
Displayport 1.1A
Discrete/Share Discrete
Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX980M (N16E-GX)
Video memory GDDR5 4GB
Video Camera HD web camera
Optical Drive [SATA] 9.5in mm 8X Super Multi with Double Layer
Wireless 802.11ac+Bluetooth 4.0 (Dual band) -WIDI
LAN 10/100 Mbps
Card Reader SD MMC
USB Port 4x USB 3.0
Interface 1x Microphone-in jack
1x Headphone-out jack (S/PDIF)
1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1x VGA Port (D-Sub)
1x HDMI
1 x Thunderbolt
Audio Built-in speaker
Built-in array microphone
Built-in subwoofer
Sonic Master
Weight (Kg) 3.60 KG (Without Battery)
3.80 KG (with 8 cell battery)
2nd Battery Weight (Kg) 4.30 KG (8 cell battery) (Optional)
Dimension (cm) 41.6(W) x 31.8(D) x 2.30 ~ 4.30 (H) cm
AC Adapter 230W AC Adapter
Output : 19.5V DC, 11.8A, 230W
Input : 100~240V AC, 50/60Hz universal
Battery 88WHrs, 4S2P, 8 cell Li-ion Battery Pack
Keyboard Type Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
Keyboard Specification ASUS 417mm keyboard with 19mm full size key pitch and integrated numeric keypad
Antivirus and Tool Software 30 days Office 365 Home Premium
Power2Go
Adobe Reader
MaxxAudio
MyBitCast
Security Intel Anti-theft
LoJack
Supplied Accessories Gaming carry bag

- I'm not sure if 10/100Mbs for Ethernet is correct. If someone can confirm that, would be nice. Because, I ordered this model for myself, but if LAN is only FastEthernet, then I'll need to cancel my order.
- I'm not sure is it really 3.80KG or it's 4.50KG.

So please, can someone confirm this info. Thanks

Edit: OK, I'm pretty sure it Gb LAN. Only not sure about weight. I'm only frustrated because I got info laptop will be available 10.10.2014. so I sold my old laptop 20.9. And from that time ASUS already 2 times postpone delivery date.

My business is kind on hold making me loss and there is no one I can complain or do anything about it. Hopefully new delivery date 20.11. will be correct one.

sa_stilom wrote:
...I'm only frustrated because I got info laptop will be available 10.10.2014. so I sold my old laptop 20.9. And from that time ASUS already 2 times postpone delivery date.

My business is kind on hold making me loss and there is no one I can complain or do anything about it. Hopefully new delivery date 20.11. will be correct one.

sa_stilom, you can't count on laptop release schedules like ou can Train Schedules.

These vendors are making lots of different hardware and are constrained by many many parts availability / delivery lags that can happen outside their control.

You really can't count on a release date until it has happened, and then you better be ready to pull the trigger the second you see it in stock - especially if it is a talked about / popular / desired configuration.

My G750JH was promised delivery August 8 2013, and after several delays, and searching out stock on many vendor sites, one finally came through in November 2014 - 3 months later.

I hope that doesn't happen to you, but if you are letting this hold up work, get something to use in the interim to get work done.

I bought a G750JX when I heard the G750JH was going to be delayed - as I had seen this situation several times before - so I knew to not wait and get something else right away.

I hope you have pre-paid / pre-ordered so you get one of the first ones that come in stock...

Let us know how it works out 🙂

Same here.. Sold my G75VX a few weeks - Sadly it's been postponed 4 times now (estimated date is now 08.11.2014) Wouldn't get my hopes up tho.

ASUS can't keep up with the orders I guess?

Don't listen to "hmscott" - Only a tard goes out and buys another laptop in the meantime, while he is waiting :rolleyes:

Thank god there is a mute/block option on this forum 😄
The King of the north!

Sagi, the point was, don't strand yourself without a laptop, endlessly waiting for something you don't know when it will arrive, losing work revenue while waiting. That's not optimal.

I had a laptop the whole time I was waiting for 3 months, and didn't lose any work revenue or value - I sold the interim G750JX laptop for as much as I paid for it when the G750JH arrived - so it was a net gain, without a loss.

The best situation would be to not sell the only laptop you need to do work, assuming the new laptop was going to arrive on time.

Best is to wait for the new laptop to arrive before putting yourself out of commission by selling your only source of revenue generation.

You also don't know if the first laptop they ship you is DOA or not, you might have to wait additional time to get a good one. Keep your only working laptop around until you are sure the new one has arrived, is working, and does what you need it to do.

If you don't need the laptop for work, and are just gaming, then waiting isn't such a burden 🙂

sa_stilom
Level 7
Both of you are right, so don't fight please. I wasn't familiar about such delays in a way that can take (in some cases) to three months.

I got first info about G751 series, prices, delivery date and it's specifications end of August. Already then I made preorder.
So, I assumed that 10.10.2014. will be correct date.

When I got first info that delivery will be postponed by 20 days I was OK with it, but now, I'm already nervous and thinking about buying full desktop with two screens, something like: i7-4790K, 32GB DDR3 2400MHz, 2x120GB SSD, 1x3TB WD Red, 2x Dell U2414H, ASUS GTX970, Logitech G510s.

Basically, the prices is the same, only I lose portability, which at this moment I really need.

But, I don't want to go off-topic, so, as said in the beginning, I can only blame myself. I'll deal with my issue somehow.

We can all cross our fingers that this del.date will be correct one, as I can see on many on-line stores they put as well 20.11. as delivery date.

Edit: So, from my source and internet sources this could be good date. Hopefully 🙂

sa_stilom wrote:
I got first info about G751 series, prices, delivery date and it's specifications end of August. Already then I made preorder.
So, I assumed that 10.10.2014. will be correct date.

When I got first info that delivery will be postponed by 20 days I was OK with it, but now, I'm already nervous and thinking about buying full desktop with two screens, something like: i7-4790K, 32GB DDR3 2400MHz, 2x120GB SSD, 1x3TB WD Red, 2x Dell U2414H, ASUS GTX970, Logitech G510s.

Basically, the prices is the same, only I lose portability, which at this moment I really need.

But, I don't want to go off-topic, so, as said in the begging, I can only blame myself. I'll deal with my issue somehow.

We can all cross our fingers that this del.date will be correct one, as I can see maybe on-line store put as well 20.11. as delivery date.

sa_stilom, it's not off topic 🙂

The G751 is a bit heavier than the G750 average, about the same as my G750JH - which is noticeably heavier than the G750JX/JW, and none of them are what I would call mobile devices. They are portable at best. If you aren't used to carrying lots of weight it will be a challenge at first.

These days I am carrying a 6.4" mobile phone and tablet mostly, looking forward to the Bay Trail 2 in 1's for full features, something like the Asus T100/T200.

And, then only carrying the laptop around when I need specifically high power or gaming features.

So, if you are looking for a machine to crank out work on the road, the G751 is it, otherwise if you can do the heavy lifting at home, consider something functional but light for every day use.

Please come back and post what you end up getting, and when it arrives 🙂

hmscott wrote:
If you aren't used to carrying lots of weight it will be a challenge at first.

These days I am carrying a 6.4" mobile phone and tablet mostly, looking forward to the Bay Trail 2 in 1's for full features, something like the Asus T100/T200.

Please come back and post what you end up getting, and when it arrives 🙂

Carrying it it's not a problem. I have a car, so basically I need to carry it like 10 meters to the car and then 10m to the office. 😛 At the end, I suspect somebody would go for G750/G751 to carry it every day, but I know people do that. (Crazy from my point of view)

Regardless T100 I had it, but need to admit that Acer did better job. At least from performance point. I like more ASUS, but Acer did it better.
Shame for ASUS they did it with 2GB RAM, not 4GB. Hopefully new T300 will arrive, then I'll go for it as well with i3/i5 CPU.

..If I do not switch to Apple in meanwhile, but I hate Apple prices, because they are twice (twice and half) higher, so I still refuse to buy it.

Anyway, looking forward to G751, when it arrives, I'll post short review for you.

sa_stilom wrote:
Carrying it it's not a problem. I have a car, so basically I need to carry it like 10 meters to the car and then 10m to the office. 😛 At the end, I suspect somebody would go for G750/G751 to carry it every day, but I know people do that. (Crazy from my point of view)

Regardless T100 I had it, but need to admit that Acer did better job. At least from performance point. I like more ASUS, but Acer did it better.
Shame for ASUS they did it with 2GB RAM, not 4GB. Hopefully new T300 will arrive, then I'll go for it as well with i3/i5 CPU.

..If I do not switch to Apple in meanwhile, but I hate Apple prices, because they are twice (twice and half) higher, so I still refuse to buy it.

Anyway, looking forward to G751, when it arrives, I'll post short review for you.

The old T100 is using the old chipset, I was referring to the new versions, like the new T200 with 4GB memory 64GB SSD with Baytrail-T Z3795.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-T200TA-C1-BL-Detachable-Touchscreen-Storage/dp/B00NMVEWC6/ref=sr_1...

And, more capable versions will come out over time - approaching the Surface 3 but at affordable 2nd device prices. Not for gaming, but for 90% of work communications.

I carried the G750's around more when I first got them, then over time I found reasons - alternatives - to carry. It is a lot of weight, even for me at 6'3" - it isn't just the weight, it is the mass swinging around in a laptop bag - dangerous 😉

The obvious answer is to get all 3, G751, 2 in 1, and desktop 🙂

Can someone tell me the full specification of the model Asus G8710? Thanks.