cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X551ca Stuck on stuck in aptio setup utility

Uniquelatino
Level 7
Hi Guys, Im having a problem i my laptop gets stuck on the aptio bios 207 , when I press f10 goes back to the bios screen, and wont allow me to change any option on the bios, option are on grey color, such as the LAUCH CSM, OR SECURE BOOT, START WITH EASY FLASH, try everything CTRL+HOME, REMOVE THE CMOS BATTERY, I check the hard drive on the bios y its ok, I had been checking online for a solution and I notice a lot a people are in the same situation like me , here are the pictures of how screen looks like

PICTURE 1 wont allow me to get in easy flash 42308

PICTURE 2 ALL OPTION ARE GREY 42309
AND LAST PICTURE, WONT ALLOW ME TO RESTORE DEFAULT, 42310
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi Uniquelatino,

Thanks for the detailed screenshots.
Unfortunately, not sure what is causing problems to load the bios defaults or run Easy Flash, so you may also want to consider contacting your store (if local?) or local ASUS support at the link below too.
It looks like there is a number for the Dominican Republic if you're interested.
http://www.asus.com/ar/support/CallUs/

Otherwise, we can try to troubleshoot more if you're interested, but not sure how far we can get in solving this problem.

1. Can you please press the 'F12' key while you are in the 'Main' area of the bios to see if it lists the X551CA or X551CAP model in the bottom right-hand corner?

2. Can you please check under the 'Advanced' area of the bios under 'Sata Configuration' to check if it lists your hard drive and/or DVD-rom (sounds like you reported they were detected? already)?
Are you using IDE or AHCI for the Sata Mode selection and are you still using the original ASUS Win8 image?

3. Just curious how long you have had the notebook and if you changed anything before this problem started (install a different operating system, etc.)?

4. Did you upgrade any components, or have any other devices plugged in (try unplugging anything you don't need)?

Thanks.

Cl Albert
Thanks for your fast response, I bougth this Laptop online as used, I dont know what kind of OS had before, and I contact the Support over here in Dominican Republic, and what they said, is that they can not help me due I did not bougth this laptop over here in Dominican Republic, that was a silly answer due I beleived that represent the name of ASUS whether I bougth it Here or in the USA,

And this is the X551CA
About the Hard drive shows on bios that is AHCI

I FEEL IM STUCK ON THIS, I will appreciate your help on this matter

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Uniquelatino, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume the notebook was in this condition when you purchased it?

just wanted to check if there was something you changed that could have caused this problem.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you want to pay for out-of-warranty service, but it might be something to consider if you aren't able to find a solution and the cost is reasonable although you may want to confirm you really cannot get warranty service anymore.
Did the local service center check your serial number to see if you had international warranty?
If you want to send me a PM with your serial number, I can try to check on my end, or you can probably check with our U.S. support if you can reach them.

You may want to continue to check for more information, but everything else actually appears fairly normal, so still don't know what this problem is related to, but listed more things to try below.

1. Not sure if you have a way to install Windows, but assuming you will need to try this if the system is not booting to Windows.
If you aren't worried about warranty and can do this safely, thought you may want to try to remove the hard drive to see if it makes some difference with the bios settings and check if the problem could be related to the hard drive.
You may also want to try to unplug the DVD-rom if it's easy, but probably not worth worrying about right now.

2. This may be a bit of a long-shot, but if you still want to try to re-flash the bios using Ctrl+Home, make sure the X551CA.bin file is located under your c: drive, or consider trying to use another hard drive if possible or downloading the X551CA bios from the ASUS download site and renaming the file to X551CA.bin. Since older bios versions may normally be used for this, try using them if necessary and updating to the latest bios normally if it works.

3. If everything was okay before you took apart the notebook (if you did?), you may want to make sure everything was re-assembled correctly and there is nothing shorting out the notebook motherboard somewhere, etc.

Hope this is able to help.