cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ variations

beatc
Level 7
So i noticed there are few variations of g750jz. Are there any differences between them?
13 REPLIES 13

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I believe some have different screens, different hard drive space and configurations, ( some Raid mSata's, others using full 2.5" SSD ) some with different wireless cards, ram, 16 / 24 / 32.. some with glossy screen, some with matte.. some 3D some not.

The variations are limited, but those are the components that change.

Darnassus wrote:
I believe some have different screens, different hard drive space and configurations, ( some Raid mSata's, others using full 2.5" SSD ) some with different wireless cards, ram, 16 / 24 / 32.. some with glossy screen, some with matte.. some 3D some not.
The variations are limited, but those are the components that change.

Darnassus, the JZ only came with the matte finish non-3D screen - there never was a 3D JZ as the Optimus setup won't support 3D.

The JZ has an M.2 SATA RAID0 if it comes with RAID0, not mSATA - none of the G750s/G751s come with mSATA.

But, the variation in wireless cards, RAM, HDD's are true.

Which makes it pretty easy for beatc to compare the different configurations himself 🙂

Darnassus
Status Under Review
hmscott wrote:
Darnassus, the JZ only came with the matte finish non-3D screen - there never was a 3D JZ as the Optimus setup won't support 3D.

The JZ has an M.2 SATA RAID0 if it comes with RAID0, not mSATA - none of the G750s/G751s come with mSATA.

But, the variation in wireless cards, RAM, HDD's are true.

Which makes it pretty easy for beatc to compare the different configurations himself 🙂

Whoops I meant m2Sata yes. I just call them mSata though I guess I should fix that habit. They aren't on the motherboard directly after all.

It's also a different chip, right?

Also wow, how interesting.. no more 3D models, huh..?

Darnassus wrote:
Whoops I meant m2Sata yes. I just call them mSata though I guess I should fix that habit. They aren't on the motherboard directly after all.

It's also a different chip, right?

Also wow, how interesting.. no more 3D models, huh..?

Darnassus, the new G751 has m.2 PCIE x4, very high speed on a single interface - 20gbit/sec - much faster than the 6gbit/sec M.2 SATA in the G750JH/JZ

IDK if Asus will make a 3D G751, but they could, because the G751 connects directly to the Nvidia GPU - with no Intel GPU or Optimus to get in the way the G751 can do > 60hz LCD and external DisplayPort/HDMI.

hmscott
Level 12
beatc wrote:
So i noticed there are few variations of g750jz. Are there any differences between them?

beatc, you need to look at specific models you are interested in to get specific comments on differences. But, you are just as capable of comparing the component differences as we are. Take the time to write down the specific components listed and compare for yourself. The wireless cards are rarely listed and you pretty much have to call the seller to read it off the side of the box to find out for sure before they ship you the box.

Please come back and let us know what you got 🙂

beatc
Level 7
I recently bought a g750jz and the model no is T4002H. Are there any differences between this particular model and others apart from ram and hdd?

beatc wrote:
I recently bought a g750jz and the model no is T4002H. Are there any differences between this particular model and others apart from ram and hdd?

beatc, you can google the various models and compare the differences.

Start by googling for G750jz, and then look at the various models available in your region, and compare the parts lists.

If you already bought yours, why are you looking now? That is something to do before you purchase.

The big difference between JZ models is whether it has RAID0 or not. RAID0 is 2 x 128GB or 2 x 256GB for twice the speed of single SSD models.

The other difference is Blu-ray reader, or Blu-ray Writer, or DVD Combo.

Wireless 802.11ac or 802.11n.

What are you trying to figure out now?

some websites stated that my JZ has raid 0 (optional)? what does it means?

beatc wrote:
some websites stated that my JZ has raid 0 (optional)? what does it means?

beatc, it isn't optional in the way that you could add it to a JZ that doesn't have it - you need to order the model with RAID0 - it cannot be added to a JZ that didn't come with RAID0 to begin with. The JZ with RAID0 has different motherboard parts and different disk bay parts.

Which model JZ did you order? the -number after the G750JZ base name. Do you have a link URL to the on you bought?