cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking score good or bad

fab5yo
Level 7
Hello my friends at ROG. I Just wanted to hear you thought on my OC score on Firestrike. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. I am also scared I will damage my ROG G750JX by doing this. But I really did notice a big improvement playing COD ghost after OC my G750. But after 10 minuets or so it stopped working and a 3D PhysX error appeared. Could this be because of my OC. I am using ASUS GPU Tweak and inter ETU. Here are my setting. If any one has a better suggestion on OC or you think it going to damaging my G750 please tell. Also is you think I'm good with the setting I am using for now please let me know. Thanks boy doesn't the new G751 look so much better the G750.423364233542337
5 REPLIES 5

hmscott
Level 12
fab5yo wrote:
Hello my friends at ROG. I Just wanted to hear you thought on my OC score on Firestrike. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. I am also scared I will damage my ROG G750JX by doing this. But I really did notice a big improvement playing COD ghost after OC my G750. But after 10 minuets or so it stopped working and a 3D PhysX error appeared. Could this be because of my OC. I am using ASUS GPU Tweak and inter ETU. Here are my setting. If any one has a better suggestion on OC or you think it going to damaging my G750 please tell. Also is you think I'm good with the setting I am using for now please let me know. Thanks boy doesn't the new G751 look so much better the G750.423364233542337

fab5yo, the key to success when tuning, is to tune 1 thing at a time. Then check to see if anything odd happens with that 1 change. Run lots of different things, what you usually do - what you usually run - and do that for a few days or a week to make sure it is stable.

Then move on to the next change, and repeat until you are done tuning.

The changes you have done so far look fine on the face of things, but it is tough to tell where the problem is without more information, to know if you did all the changes at once, or slowly testing each change to make sure it was stable.

If you have done that, then the last change you made is what is making you unstable, undo that change and try to recreate the error you are getting. If you still get the error, then undo the next previous change, etc, until you find the change that caused the problem - reduce the change and start restoring the changes your reversed - testing them as you go 1 at a time to make sure you are stable on each change.

Take notes about what changes you make so you can roll back the changes in order so you can find the problematic setting.

I have not had a Physx error in tuning with XTU or Asus Tweak tool, it may be an unrelated error in a specific game - have you played without error before? Or, is it a new game or a new upgrade or configuration change you made to the game?

A good ryle of thumb with a new game and tuning, remove all tuning if you run into a new game problem - disable / go back to defaults - load a default profile and reboot to start with a stock untuned system and see if the game error happens without tuning.

Be calm and methodical in your tuning / testing / debugging - as you know that when tuned well and stable you get a lot of benefit in performance.

That Fire Strike score is the same as I got on my JX when I tuned it, so that is a good score! Now you need to become stable and not crash with the tuned system 🙂

You could try reducing the memory speed from 5250 to 5000, or 4800, and make sure the crash isn't just a game issue, and not a tuning issue.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
What in hellfire is your voltage doing at 862? Put it back at 837 and put your memory down to 5000.

Memory overclock parameters that're proven safe for near all games is between 4800 and 5,000.

I cannot play WatchDogs on 5,000 memory, Aiden explodes into polygons and I have a seizure, but 4900 is fine. 5250 is WAY too high.

Your CPU however can fall another -40mv if you want..

Darnassus wrote:
What in hellfire is your voltage doing at 862? Put it back at 837 and put your memory down to 5000.

Memory overclock parameters that're proven safe for near all games is between 4800 and 5,000.

I cannot play WatchDogs on 5,000 memory, Aiden explodes into polygons and I have a seizure, but 4900 is fine. 5250 is WAY too high.

Your CPU however can fall another -40mv if you want..

Darnassus, the voltage setting does nothing on the JX, you can move the slider and the number changes, but has no effect on the GPU - verify with GPU-Z.

I posted that I ran 5250 on my JX and for those that replicated the settings I used - there were few reported problems, I ran mine at 5500 without problems. The memory speed tuning is individual sample GPU board specific, some can run a higher OC than others.

The XTU undervolt is CPU sample specific. My JX ran at -70mV, my JW at -125mV, and this JH runs at -50mV.

It is most important to only change 1 tuning parameter at a time and test that thoroughly before moving on to the next. If he put all these changes in at once it is tough to tell if it is OC or game specific issues, which is what it looks like.

I recommend pulling back from tuning, and see if the game problem happens without tuning, and then make 1 set of tuning changes at a time and get that stable before moving on to the next - do CPU first, then GPU later.

CÃ_dric
Level 7
Wow nice results with your JX. i would expect similar results with the JM but i'm far from it, i have around 3500 with the JM.

samboy87
Level 9
haha damn. i score 4537 on Firestrike with stock on my 750JS, that sucks if you compare it to the G751 thats a big update. JS is not a big update from the JX. the 870m really sucks to be honest if you compare it to 780m. almost no diffrents in performance.....