cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Xonar Essence One

antoine5555
Level 7
First, let me apologize for posting this here, but I coudn't find a better place here for this post.

I am intersted in the Asus Xonar Essence One DAC, but I can't find any answer to my question. Is it possible to use a microphone with this ? I have an Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 headset which has a built in microphone. This headset does not have two seperate connectors for the headphones and the mic, but instead a 3.5mm 4-conductor jack connection.

I'm afraid this probably won't work, but I haven't found any help so far, so I'm asking here.

Thanks in advance for your help.
3 REPLIES 3

HK-47
Level 10
You would need a TRRS adapter, like this one.

http://www.encoredataproducts.com/headphone-adapters-cables/avid-headphone-trrs-adapter/?gclid=CPWyg...
-Desktop-
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

antoine5555
Level 7
Hi, thank you for your answer.

But this is not what I need. I probably didn't explained my problem very well. Sorry, my bad.

The Asus Xonar Essence One only has one jack 6.35mm connector on the front. (http://www.asus.com/fr/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_One/). It doesn't have a dedicated microphone connector.

My question is, if I'm using headset with a built in microphone (considering that the headset uses one connector for both audio & microphone), is the microphone going to work ?

antoine5555
Level 7
Hey guys, apparently no one seems to be able to give me an answer.

I sent a message to the website from which I usually order my products, and they told me that a headset with a built in microphone won't work with the Asus Xonar Essence One (the microphone that is, the headset will be fine).

So there you go, if somebody was in the same situation, you have your answer now.

That's a bit disappointing cause I really liked it, it seemed very practical to use. Anyway, of the very few chances that somebody answers me, if anybody know a good DAC/Heaphone amplifier that would work with a microphone, I'd love to know about it.