cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really fed up and pissed off with the asus manufacture

coldmale
Level 7
I am sorry but wherever i go this monitor is out of stock . and yes . i am talking about the rog swift pg278q
Every where i go its either out of stock or the price is ridiculously high . above 1000 which it shouldnt be . I am willing to pay 800 or anything below 900 but i cannot spend a grand on just a monitor . it is available for preordering everywhere for a reasonable price which is the 800-high 700 dollar range . i ordered mine from shop blt since august and they keep pushing the ETA date . I called and they told me that the manufacture is not shipping any screens and we have no control over the dates . can someone do anything . this is outrageous :mad:
P.s its not available at micro center. best buy . newegg . it is on amazon but yeah . its 1k . forget about ebay . the prices there are 1200 and going up
20 REPLIES 20

Mosc_007
Level 7
Seems their is supply in Australia. But everyone is charging AUD 999

Charles
| 5930k at 4.4 Ghz | Rampage 5 Extreme | Corsair 4 x 4 GB 2666 Mhz | GTX 980 x 2 in SLI |
| 512 GB SSD x 2 in Raid 0 | Corsair 1000 Watt PSU | Corsair 900D Case | 90 Inch DLP Projector |
| Custom Water. 1 x 360 Rad, 1 x 420 Rad. CPU + 2 GPU's Water cooled |

coldmale
Level 7
Do you have an idea when will there be a supply in the United States. I live in New Jersey

scrooby
Level 7
Why do you want it? I would be interested in the reason. The size and the resolution is nothing special. The 144Hz? Your eyes can't see more fps than 30, so what does it help to have 144 fps?

scrooby wrote:
Why do you want it? I would be interested in the reason. The size and the resolution is nothing special. The 144Hz? Your eyes can't see more fps than 30, so what does it help to have 144 fps?

Eliminates screen tearing and provides much smoother game play, I've been using one for about 2 years now.
There is definitely a difference vs. 60Hz monitors.

The only problem is that you have to maintain 144 FPS or higher to take advantage of the faster refresh rate.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Eliminates screen tearing and provides much smoother game play, I've been using one for about 2 years now.
There is definitely a difference vs. 60Hz monitors.

The only problem is that you have to maintain 144 FPS or higher to take advantage of the faster refresh rate.

Exactly . i played on both 60 and a friends 120 hertz but he has a 1080 display . definelty felt the difference .

your eyes cant see more than 30 fps ? I am sorry mate . but i am not even going to respond to that

coldmale wrote:
your eyes cant see more than 30 fps ? I am sorry mate . but i am not even going to respond to that

Haha, you actually did. I know, the rate is actually higher. But then you can't only recognize parts of a picture's change.

scrooby wrote:
Haha, you actually did. I know, the rate is actually higher. But then you can't only recognize parts of a picture's change.

Play battle field 4 or 3 on the pc at 30 fps and tell me how smooth it is . oh wait . I would rage quit because of the lag .

scrooby wrote:

This is just simply not true.