cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken PCI-E Clip On My Maximus V Extreme

Snaptrap
Level 10
I was having a good day until I tried to remove the sound card on my MVE. I pressed down on the clip and the f'n thing popped off. I don't press hard. Tuns out that one of the notches that keep the clip locked into place has split off. This is actually the first time I've removed something from that slot. For all I know the clip was defective to begin with. Either way, I can't put my SC back in until the piece is replaced. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thank you.

I don't have a camera to take photos. I sold the only camera that I had to buy Matrix 780Ti's. Not cheap.
6 REPLIES 6

Snaptrap
Level 10
Looks like I may have to resort to buying another ROG board, removing the clip from it and then returning it as a defective product. Whatever it takes.

Snaptrap wrote:
Looks like I may have to resort to buying another ROG board, removing the clip from it and then returning it as a defective product. Whatever it takes.

Hello

Nothing like being proud of one's ethics and morals.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Nothing like being proud of one's ethics and morals.

Ethics or morals don't apply when a company is too lazy, too cheap, or just unwilling to give the extra effort in helping a customer who has spent a lot buying their products over the last few years. They also shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the help they need either, and having to contact specific people is just that. If a company is unable to appreciate customer loyalty, then maybe it's time to look elsewhere for a company that does.

Snaptrap
Level 10
I've already contacted support. They want me to spend $40 to ship my board in to replace something they could easily send to me and I can replace myself. A rep has contacted the support center to see if they can send the part. If not, then I'll be taking the alternative.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As you have already decided, because of your carelessness, to screw both the retailer and ASUS with your dishonesty there is no longer a need for this thread. Thread closed.