Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q on WINX XP(...) - Turbo button doesn't work

marcusb
Level 7
Hi,

I just bought a PG278Q but I´m already having some major troubles,

When pushing the turbo button it just shows the actual Hz but you can't change it, then when trying to change the Hz in the nvidia control panel it goes fine in 85 Hz but the screen goes completely nuts on higher Hz and is unuseable,

The thing is that I use WIN XP and I wonder if that is why it won´t work (I just discovered that G-SYNC only works on win 7/8x), and also you can´t go any further with DirectX than 9.0; but still it should work with higher Hz? I have a GTX 760 with latest drivers installed and I´m using the display port.

Do you think it´s just bad luck with this specific Swift that I bought or do you think that it's related to win xp ore something else?

If it is because of the old WIN XP setup what monitor would you suggest as a runner up (not G-SYNCed) to the Swift (using a Eizo CRT today thanks to the great feeling of flow and colour but the sharpness etc is of course out of bounce). Thank U!
2 REPLIES 2

Teelo_Brown
Level 7
Try using the turbo button in game. There has to be something action on the screen for it to work, for some reason.

Describe "completely nuts" at high hz. Blurry text, flickering? Or worse? It could be your windows, or it could be a host of other things. Could be that your monitor is faulty, or a faulty display port cable, or that the problem is only temporary and will resolve itself. My Swift was unusable at 144hz for an hour (blurry text, minor flickering), and seems to be fine now.

Thank you for your reply! If I would describe it it´s even worse, i can't even see the nvidia controlpanel when trying to change back to 60 Hz. I have tried to go higher on the Hz while gameing or while doing something on the screen but that doesn't help. I guess there still could be a lot of reasons for the problems but i have decided to return it.