cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SW headphone/spdif jack ?? Does it have one ??

mrmcgoo
Level 7
Does the G53SW have an optical spdif combo headphone jack ? Meaning mini tos link.
I have seen reference to this on certain models but not sure.
14 REPLIES 14

BrodyBoy
Level 10
SPDIF and headphones jacks are very different things. It does have a headphone jack, it doesn't have a SPDIF jack. (Since you own a G53SW, couldn't you just look?)

They have combo 1/8" / spdif jacks. There is atleast one asus notebook that has this, smarty pants. Think before u type please

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Classy.

But again....did you just look at your computer? The jacks are labeled.

BrodyBoy
Level 10
I missed the "combo" part....my bad. Classy response.

BrodyBoy wrote:
I missed the "combo" part....my bad. Classy response.

+1

This is the type of question he should PM to BRIAN@ASUS and/or MASON@ASUS
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

I have looked in the hole with a bright flashlight and a magnifying lens. And it looks like there is a lens at the back of the hole but my eyesight isn't the best anymore. The view is much different when compared to the microphone jack. Turtle beach has a headphone that takes a feed from tos link. The bad is the fact that the pdf manual included with the notebook is for a G53JW notebook and not been updated since 2010. The jack just has the headphone label on it , no writing. But I have made a tech ticket with ASUS Tech. We will see.

JRd1st
Level 12
Let us know, OK? 😄
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

mrmcgoo
Level 7
There is some chatter about this on http://www.notebookcheck.com . Someone was referring to a sticker "New Revision Certified Design" as to having a spdif / headphone port. My computer has this sticker.

mrmcgoo
Level 7
Here is the skinny on my notebook. I received my optical cable and plugged it in. I had to set the Realtek Digital Output to default in order to get sound and I did. Now I was only able to get 2 channel digital. To go back to analog audio to hear the dvd via notebook speakers I set the speakers to default and restarted windows media player , viola analog sound again. Unfortunately ASUS TECH support has not answered this question. Either they don't know or they just don't care. Sad either way. I do have the sticker that says "new revision certified design" . I guess i'll save my pennies for the turtle beach headset that takes a digital feed for digtal sound. The cable I have is a "cables to go" model 27015 1 meter velocity toslink to miniplug cable. I think they make one up to 25 feet in length.