cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751jy downloading issue

kittenontherun
Level 7
Hi just picked up my brand spanking new g751jy yesterday. I've noticed when I'm downloading it hangs at 99% and never completes. This is happening to me when I'm trying to update nvidia drivers, and download avast antivirus, super anti-spyware, and also on steam games. Hopefully someone can help me out thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

massaiTHEdog
Level 7
Same for me!
When the download finishes, the file is corrupted...

xdr
Level 7
Uninstall ASUS Gamefirst III. In combination with some AV software creates some problems. In my case was with NOD32.
You can try by disabling the service first.

xdr wrote:
Uninstall ASUS Gamefirst III. In combination with some AV software creates some problems. In my case was with NOD32.
You can try by disabling the service first.

You Sir are gentleman and scholar! Already did a system restore and various other things, but just removing Gamefirst fixed all my life issues 🙂
Besides problems I've had with downloading, this issue also impacted youtube and image display on web pages.

Once again, thanks for quick eand easy fix!

cablebandit
Level 7
mine doesnt do that...got it yesterday. 1st thing i did was uninstall mcafee av. Ive already downloaded 8 gigs worth

massaiTHEdog
Level 7
The problem was Avast!
Thx!

dapogz
Level 8
i can see it when i search it, but cant find it in the uninstall list
(No worries, found it, i was looking on the windows program list, while the uninstall button is actually on the app list)