cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G20AJ on it's way :)

Bodycount69
Level 9
Well it order and be here tomorrow getting it on sale and bonus GPU upgrade all the G20's around her come with GTX760 I found one place that has a GTX 770 and they price matched it 🙂 .

I have owned a G73,G74 and a G75 gaming laptop reson being I was in the army and that was the only way to game in that life stile.

I have always built my own towers so this could be good or bad I did play with a display today and was amazed so bring it on. 🙂
Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34" 3440 x 1440, 100Hz Curved IPS G-Sync 21:9 WQHD Gaming Monitor
2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition in SLI
6 REPLIES 6

toronto699
Level 13
have fun let us know how much u like it after u play a game or 2

toronto699 wrote:
have fun let us know how much u like it after u play a game or 2

Well I have had my G20 For over a week now and I'm Happy with it.

I have played Rising StormRed Orchestra 2 Multiplayer, DayZ Stand alone, BF4, Nether, and Heroes & Generals so far every game maxed out and it walks all over these games.

BF4 is probably the most GPU intensive game on my system ( I'm downloading more as we speak 🙂 ) and I'm always over 65 FPS.

I have the ASUS PB278Q monitor at 2560x1440 and games look amazing.

Now the only thing that is driving me crazy right now is I have power settings set to not turn anything off but after 5 mins or so the monitor screen go's black like its starting to run a program and to get out of that I have to " Ctrl, Alt Del " that brings the option to go to task manager and stuff then hit Esc to go back to my dash board.
Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34" 3440 x 1440, 100Hz Curved IPS G-Sync 21:9 WQHD Gaming Monitor

Bodycount69
Level 9
I should also comment on the mouse and keyboard that comes with the system.

Keyboard:
I find the keyboard not to bad it is back lite in "Blue" keys are very responsive nice volume knob control its 8/10 could have been nicer.

Mouse:
The mouse is junk tossed it in 3 seconds and no mouse pad wtf 😞 I see ASUS just came out with a nice gaming mouse why didn't it ship with that???

toronto699
Level 13
Change the Power Plan to High Performance may solve the monitor issue there are number of power settings in
W8 Glad u love your Mean Machine yeah asus cheaps out on somethings, unlike Dell in most cases at least they give u a mouse pad ha ha I must have 5 or 6 dell mouse pads

just don't try to install 7 on it ;/

Wouldn't changing the BIOS to boot "Other" instead of Windows UEFI solve this issue? That way you can boot from disc. Good luck finding drivers though.