cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about the G750JM and the BSOD errors

troomc4
Level 7
So as with so many other people I was having an issue with my G750jm and getting the BSOD. Caused by the Nvidia drivers.

With my last post here we discovered that the 332.60 is very stable and doesnt have the BSOD issue.

But for me, every driver update since that one has cause the BSOD. I have tried a few of the newer versions, and still get the error.

So my question is, is there a newer stable nvidia driver yet? I dont want to spend the time downloading it just to have it get the bsod error again.

Thanks for any info.
7 REPLIES 7

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Have you tried a clean install of said "stable" driver? The previous data may need removed rather than overwritten. The NVidia installer has an option for a "clean installation" if you use the 'Custom (advanced)' install option.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

troomc4
Level 7
Yes. I do a clean install with every driver update that I do. I have even done the whole boot into safe mode and uninstall the driver completely and then install the update, as was suggested elsewhere in a thread here.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Hmm... and can you reproduce the problem consistently? Also: does the video card actually work before you experience the BSOD?

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

troomc4
Level 7
I couldn't make it happen. It would just randomly lock up (like not let me do anything) for a few seconds and then blue screen.

Yeah the video card works. I've had this laptop since late may/early april. I have no problems gaming with the 332.60 driver. Just all of them since that up until the 337.88 that asus recommends on their site, and the lates 344.75 from a few days ago.

I just wanted to see if anyone with this laptop is having the bsod issue with these drivers, before I went and installed them.

I'm getting Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition soon so I would like to have the latest drivers for them.

Diegojose
Level 7
yes same problem here!
i have bsod with any driver , i have the 332.60 and no bsod now but bad performance gaming (low fps)

RAM-disk
Level 7
Yesterday I updated my BIOS to 207,all went well then tried driver 344.75 again and it was solid, quite a performance increase over the 332.60.
I tried everything to crash this setup but no BSOD what so ever. Well so I hoped the BIOS update was the solution to the BSOD problem, but then
stupid me ...I updated to 344.80 and all BSOD hell broke lose, the worst yet. Took nearly 3 hours to get the system back up, (system restore would
BSOD and not finish).
Anyhow got everything back to 332.60 running stable but now installing 344.75 which was running fine before is causing BSOD errors again.
Now I can't reproduce the condition the system was in before the 344.80 update.
What a crazy mess this is, just does not make any sense.
"Ram disk" is not an installation procedure !!!

RAM-disk wrote:
Yesterday I updated my BIOS to 207,all went well then tried driver 344.75 again and it was solid, quite a performance increase over the 332.60.
I tried everything to crash this setup but no BSOD what so ever. Well so I hoped the BIOS update was the solution to the BSOD problem, but then
stupid me ...I updated to 344.80 and all BSOD hell broke lose, the worst yet. Took nearly 3 hours to get the system back up, (system restore would
BSOD and not finish).
Anyhow got everything back to 332.60 running stable but now installing 344.75 which was running fine before is causing BSOD errors again.
Now I can't reproduce the condition the system was in before the 344.80 update.
What a crazy mess this is, just does not make any sense.

Next time you get a BSOD, just boot up in safe mode and uninstall the driver using DDU, install the stable one and reboot. I've saved so much time on every new driver release lol.