cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW BSOD Every morning different error after memory upgrade!

code9523
Level 9
I have a G750JW
I upgraded ram with exactly same stick installed in to laptop at stock. Memory is Hynix hmt41gs6afr8a 8GB 1600Mhz 1.35V. I also added a 120GB Kingston Hyperx Fury SSD. I done a clean install of win 8 and upgraded to w8.1 with clean install of all drivers from asus.com

And now I have a BSOD every morning I power on my laptop or after several hours standing turned off.

On 1 ram stick it turn on good without bsod. It dosent matter wich ram stick I use old or new!

I tried to put them to different slots that don't make any difference.

Please give me an advice what to do.

Best Regards from Ukraine!
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH
12 REPLIES 12

code9523
Level 9
I done ram check several times and there is no errors!

code9523 wrote:
I done ram check several times and there is no errors!

code9523, after the morning BSOD everything works fine? I assume that BSOD is on first power up boot, correct? Then you do the memory test in Windows, or? Does Windows run at all after the first BSOD? Or is Windows always BSOD'ing?

So you have a total of 32GB, 24GB, or 16GB total after adding the new 8GB SODIMM?

Usually the first 2 slots are filled on the top, and then the 2 bottom - user accessible slots - are filed by you. Where are you putting the additional memory? Are the 2 top slots filled? Or is there only 1 slot filled on the top, and you are adding the memory to one of the bottom slots?

It may be you need to plug in the 2nd 8GB SODIMM in the matching slot empt on the top, before you can add memory to the bottom slots.

Please post the CPU-Z view for each of the slots with memory. Like this single example:

code9523
Level 9
After morning BSOD everything works fine! Bsod is after firs powering and no matter is battery plugged in or not. Windows runs fine after bsod and whole day without any errors! I done a mem test mdsched several times and there was no errors! I have now 16GB of ram. I tried to put ram in to different slots but it don't make any changes on morning bsod I put them under the keyboard and got a bsod in the morning. Now ram is installed in bottom 2 slots and I get bsod! in cpu z they are marked as slot 1 and slot 3

code9523 wrote:
After morning BSOD everything works fine! Bsod is after firs powering and no matter is battery plugged in or not. Windows runs fine after bsod and whole day without any errors! I done a mem test mdsched several times and there was no errors! I have now 16GB of ram. I tried to put ram in to different slots but it don't make any changes on morning bsod I put them under the keyboard and got a bsod in the morning. Now ram is installed in bottom 2 slots and I get bsod! in cpu z they are marked as slot 1 and slot 3

code9523, wow, did you notice the 2nd SODIMM you added was built the exact same date code week/year 42/13 - but the serial numbers are different 🙂

Well, it does occur to me that when you add memory, the pagefile / hyperfil.sys file size gets adjusted to match the new memory capacity, and those files might now hit bad blocks on the drive... you could try a couple of things.

1) Turn off paging completely. There is little need for it, unless you are trying to debug crashes - you need at least 200MB to get a dump file, but you really don't need a pagefile after 8GB of memory - unless your usage constantly approaches total memory usage.

Disable paging and see if the BSOD's stop happening. It looks like this:

Reboot after disabling the pagefile.

I also disable Hibernation, it saves me 32GB on my C drive - for a total of 64GB saved without pagefile and hibernation.

In an Administrator cmd window:

powercfg -h off

reboot again

Now you have no pagefile or hibernation file, so lets do a disk check/fix/repair run.

Do a Disk Check on your C drive, and if it asks to schedule a Check at next boot allow it, and reboot to let the check/fix complete.

Please let us know how that all works out 🙂

code9523
Level 9
Actually the pagefile on disk c was disabled! Only on disk d there was a parameter system managed size. I turned it off. And I turned off a hibernation and it save me some space on my ssd))) Thanks for advice I will respond in several hours to let you know all about bsod in the morning!

code9523 wrote:
Actually the pagefile on disk c was disabled! Only on disk d there was a parameter system managed size. I turned it off. And I turned off a hibernation and it save me some space on my ssd))) Thanks for advice I will respond in several hours to let you know all about bsod in the morning!

code9523, did you already merge partitions on the boot drive to get more C partition space? If not, then the D partition may also on the boot drive. Either way I would also run the Check disk on the D partition now as well 🙂

Good night 🙂

code9523
Level 9
Boot drive is only C disk (SSD Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB) D disk is my stock 1tb Samsung drive and it was created as a partition after a clean w8 install on C disk. In bios there is a boot priority 1 - C SSD disk 2 - HDD 3 - DVD Rom. I actualy don't know why my system marks my SSD system drive as Drive 1 and a HDD as drive 0?! When I unplug the HDD and leave only ssd it is marked as disk 0 but when I put back HDD everything become like describe before.

code9523
Level 9
It works!!! NO BSOD enymore!!! Thank You!!!

code9523 wrote:
It works!!! NO BSOD enymore!!! Thank You!!!

code9523, that is awesome!!

Glad it worked, please do a disk check once in a while, especially after a power off without clean shutdown - like a crash or holding the power button to power off when frozen.

Have fun 🙂