cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My G750J is having USB problems...

JiveTurkey
Level 7
Hello there.

None of my USB ports work. It happened a couple days ago when I got an update. I checked the drivers, they are all up to date. I did a system restore to a couple weeks ago and that didn't change anything. I've restarted my computer multiple times, doesn't work. I've tried regedit fixes I found through microsoft for Windows 8.1, nothing.

My mouse reciever won't work, figured it was the mouse. Changed the batteries, didn't fix it. Almost ordered a new reciever, decided to check other usb devices first. Plugged in my flash drive. Nothing. Plugged in my Samsung S4 charger/cord, the phone would charge, but I couldn't access files, ect. I've tried all of the usb ports on the laptop. I don't know what else to do.

Any help would very much appreciated. I am sorry if I am in the wrong forum, I didn't notice a troubleshooting forum.
7 REPLIES 7

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
You're in the right forum. 🙂

You can try to remove the USB drivers and then reload them (for USB 3.0, since the driver is native to Windows, you would need to remove it from within Device Manager, then restart the system).

Alas, you may need to RMA the laptop. Have you considered or tried a factory reset (last thing to resort to before RMA)?

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

JiveTurkey
Level 7
I am unfamiliar with the RMA term. But I'd really hate to do a factory reset :/. I'll uninstall all of the USB drivers and see what that can do..

JiveTurkey wrote:
I am unfamiliar with the RMA term. But I'd really hate to do a factory reset :/. I'll uninstall all of the USB drivers and see what that can do..

JiveTurkey, the two things that solved the problem on G750's was to upgrade the Chipset driver and uninstall Asus Charger+, you could give that a try too 🙂

The Intel 10.x series is the newest, but for the Haswell H87 the latest 9.x series might be enough. I am running the currently latest version 10.0.13 on my JH, and I have full speed on all my USB 3.0 ports, no dropouts and no disconnections.

Asus stopped updating their Intel INFUpdate support area, so go directly to Intel to get the latest - currently 10.0.13
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&FamilyId=42&ProductID=816&ProdId=816

Please come back and let us know what fixes the problem for you 🙂

JiveTurkey
Level 7
So I upgraded the chipset driver that you linked, and uninstalled Asus Charger Plus. Unfortunately it's still not working... If anyone has any other ideas I'd very much like some help.

JiveTurkey wrote:
So I upgraded the chipset driver that you linked, and uninstalled Asus Charger Plus. Unfortunately it's still not working... If anyone has any other ideas I'd very much like some help.

JiveTurkey, like RAM-DISK says the refresh might work, but you will want to do a full reset if the refresh doesn't work, because the next option is RMA... hopefully the reset works. 🙂

RAM-disk
Level 7
Sounds like that update knocked something out, try a system refresh (PC settings/recovery/refresh) don't install any updates. See if that works.
"Ram disk" is not an installation procedure !!!

JiveTurkey
Level 7
Thank you guys, a system refresh seems to have fixed the issue. I appreciate the help very much.