Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z + Geforce 210 crashing problem

Greg_Bester
Level 7
Hi all,

New to the forum. Thanks for having me.

I recently upgraded to an i7-3770 and a Maximus IV Extreme-Z. This computer is not a gaming rig, but rather a home studio (audio) computer that I use for work so I only need light graphics processing and dual monitor outputs.

Of course, the mobo doesn't have an integrated graphics output so I bought a Gigabyte Geforce 210 which, according to the Part Picker website, is compatible with my motherboard.

However, there is a problem. Everything goes great until I load the NVIDIA drivers. Windows 7 SP1 can see the card and use it with full resolution with the native Standard VGA Graphics Adapter drivers but when I install the NVIDIA drivers, the computer either won't get past the "Starting Windows" splash screen or restarts when I right click on the desktop (provided it makes it that far).

I have turned the iGPU off in the BIOS and set the default graphics adapter to PCIe. I have used three different revisions of NVIDIA drivers with the same results. I downloaded the latest 64-bit drivers last night and nothing changed.

Any ideas? Help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 🙂
0 REPLIES 0