cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable svid causes double post on m7h

masterding
Level 7
If I disable svid support on uefi,set everything else to auto or whatever, my M7h will double post at cold boot,how to fix this problem? if it is a bug or some defect in the mb?
thanks.

spec:
antec neo power 650
MAXIMUS VII HERO(M7H)
msi rx 270
team 2666 8*2
sandisk extreme pro 240*2 raid o
intel 4790k
latest uefi
6 REPLIES 6

Praz
Level 13
Hello

If you do not want the double boot don't disable SVID or any other setting that requires it.

Praz wrote:
Hello

If you do not want the double boot don't disable SVID or any other setting that requires it.

But why disable SVID will cause doulbe post? that what I want to know.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Some settings, when moved from default, require a double boot to properly configure the onboard controllers.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Some settings, when moved from default, require a double boot to properly configure the onboard controllers.

I understand when you change some settings from default, it will cause doulbe boot ,like you said to properly configure the onboard controllers,but it's just one time thing, after that everything should be ok.
but in my case , after I disable SVID support , everytime I boot at cold boot , doulbe boot will happen , I don't think it's normal.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Perfectly normal.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Perfectly normal.

Hello
perfectly normal ,huh? it seems Asus board can only work perfectly normal at default settings, or else we have to live with the perfectly normal double boot everytime it boots.
If you do not want the double boot don't disable SVID , that's a good answer,isn't it? I would say If you don't want the double boot dont boot, that 'd be the better one, period.