cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Connect on iphone and ipad now available!

Retired
Not applicable
ROG Connect on your ipad or iphone is now available for you to download! works on all ROG motherboards that support bluetooth ROG connect!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/rog-idirect/id389745899?mt=8

for Rampage and Maximus III Extreme, you need to install this driver to make the iphone work.
download here

FEATURES:

Overclocking: Allows to overclock your PC on-the-fly on iPhone/iPad. This feature gives you the access to all turning and tweaking options required for overclocking.

Hardware Monitor: Real-time monitor system information, critical parts temperatures, voltages, frequencies, and fan speeds on your PC.

Remote Control: Remote access to restart and forced shut down your PC

Update: *2/15/11
I know this is long overdue, but here is the latest update i can give you guys on iphone support on ROG boards. First of all due to apple's bluetooth implementation, the functionality will be slightly limited when compared to an android based phone. Note that the way you enable RC connect and Idirect are different. Thus due to apple's bluetooth implementation, you can utilize idirect on any ROG board the offers ROG connect even if it doesn't have the RC bluetooth module. You can connect through USB, Wifi, and a bluetooth dongle/adapter.

First of all, the only boards i have personally tested our phones on so far are the Rampage III Extreme, Maximus IV Extreme, and Crosshair IV Extreme.
I will try and do a nicer guide in the coming days, but for the time being here are the few things you need to know.

• You need idirect installed on your phone and you need mobilink installed on your computer.
  • Typically with RC Connect on android you press the RC connect button to activate the rog connect through your phone. if this is "on" then in windows this will disable your bluetooth functionality. NOW with Idirect, you HAVE to connect through the windows bluetooth, so you DONT want to press the RC connect button. you want to leave bluetooth within windows on. so do the opposite as you were to do for RC connect.
  • Lastly you WILL need tethering enabled and bluetooth enabled.
  • search and pair your bluetooth with your phone, make sure they are connected.
  • fire up your idirect app on your phone, go to settings and make sure your connection is set to bluetooth. it should make the detection.

Now here is whats tricky...

• Rampage III Extreme with IOS3.x does not come with tethering.
  • Rampage III Extreme with IOS3.x jailbreak allows tethering but i have not had any success in getting it to connect.
  • Rampage III Extreme with IOS4.x allows tethering but you have to pay. I was able to successfully connect.
  • Rampage III Extreme with IOS4.x jailbreak allows free tethering. This successfully connected.
  • Maximus IV Extreme with IOS3.x jailbreak was able to connect.

Update: *2/17/11
below we have a chart that shows you which boards are supposed to be compatible under ios4 non jail broken. I have not tested it with a jail broken phone so if anyone has feedback please let me know from your tests. HELP THE COMMUNITY OUT, I CAN'T DO IT ALONE!

• Features: are the ROG connect through a notebook or another computer, RC bluetooth for Android, windows mobile, and symbian support, and rog idirect for iOS support.
  • Host: has the compatible motherboards, compatible OS, the latest software updates needed to run properly
  • Remote: are the devices that you can use, compatible OS, and software needed to run properly.

ill do some more testing and try to do a nicer guide but for the time being, i hope this helps
57 REPLIES 57

Retired
Not applicable
Downloaded from the itunes app store and installed 😉

pcjunkie209
Level 9
Nice just downloaded. Can't wait to put to work!!!:)
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there any step-by-step manual what and how to make this connection happen?

I've tried and apparently I am missing some important step, as my iPhone - 3GS - is marked with the yellow triangle in the blotooth devices list in Win7 64bit.
Any hints? Drivers my system is missing?
Does connection require specific port to open in WiFi? (WiFi was my second try when blotooth did not worked.
What cable is used and how connection is made for USB type of connection?

Please advice,

BiPiotr

pcjunkie209
Level 9
As for USB I imagine it is the plug that comes with iPhone
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Retired
Not applicable
rog connect via phone only works with rog boards that support the bluetooth module. for example, maximus iii extreme, rampage iii extreme. you have to plug in the provided bluetooth adapter to the rog connect socket and press the bluetooth button to activate it. your iphone should have bluetooth enabled.

Retired
Not applicable
What I've checked at first?
Exactly the options you are talking.
Problem is that Win7 wants to install some drivers which are not available nor locally nor on Win Update service.
As far as USB is concerned, same result ... Tried it and nothing happened.
And yes, I do have Asus R3E ...

Apprieciate your tries but guys believe me, I tried to do my best homework without bothering you men from the forum ....

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Brian,

I saw the demo movie when one of the Asus crew members is doing his magic with iPhone and maybe there is a way to get the tech tooltips from the developer of an app directly? Or could you get/borrow/steal from them engineers manual? You know it is really frustrating when new excellent toys Asus is providing are leaving poor users without any assistance when it is so awesome that they actually did this Apple thing;-)

Best regards,

Piotr

Retired
Not applicable
Hey Brian, just tried this out via IP Address and USB, no luck.

Retired
Not applicable
Not sure if the BT adapter, app, or board is malfunctioning but I'm unable to make a connection with the RE3, using i-phone 4.