+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ROG Connect on iphone and ipad now available!

New ROGer Getphazed +10

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe101st View Post
    Is this going to be offered on the android OS?
    http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?812-ROG-Connect-and-RC-Bluetooth-guide

Contains a guide for setting up android phones.

Brian@ASUS
    yea ill let you guys know when it starts to work. Our taiwan team designed it to based on their knowledge of iphone over there. and in taiwan and the rest of the world, tethering is free and comes standard. its only USA that has this crap locked. and honestly its Apple's bad on their limited functionality on bluetooth. hope you guys understand the struggle with this compared to droid or other apps. ill let you know when we get some newer updates.

New ROGer C B C TEASER +10

Hello i just purchased the rampage 3 extreme because i wanted to use the iphone app i was unaware of the issues people are having has there been any news about the bluetooth or usb connection to the ROG iDirect app because i dont have tethering and i would like to use the app on my iphone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by C B C TEASER View Post
    Hello i just purchased the rampage 3 extreme because i wanted to use the iphone app i was unaware of the issues people are having has there been any news about the bluetooth or usb connection to the ROG iDirect app because i dont have tethering and i would like to use the app on my iphone 4.
    I get the sense that it won't ever happen. I, too, opted for this motherboard for the same reason. (Not my primary reason, but it was one of the reasons why I opted for this board vs. the competition.)

With the focus currently on newer Sandy Bridge products, and the fact that this board is close to a year old already...I just don't see any developments happening.

Maybe Brian could chime in again.
    Intel i7 950
    ASUS Rampage III Extreme
    Diamond Radeon HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 x3 in TriFire
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000
    Crucial 64GB C300 SSD 6GB/s
    WD 1TB CB SATA 6GB/s
    Corsair AX1200 PSU
    Corsair 700D

New ROGer Peter Gallagher +10

Any updates on making this work with an ATT Iphone 4? I finally got my system up and running and have been hunting down information on how to make this work, to no avail. I am able to see the phone via bluetooth but when i try to use the app I get "WARNING: Unable to connect to the computer. Please check the connection type in Connection."

WiFi doesn't work either, and i havent found any instructions on how to connect my phone via USB.

Brian@ASUS
    just updated my first post. will try and get a better guide out for idirect

Thank you Brian. I appreciate it I just got this system together over the weekend and I've been looking forward to trying this out.

Brian@ASUS
    new compatibility chart updated

Okay I checked both Verizon amd AT&T iPhone plans. You need to be subscribed to both a Data Plan and the tethering option.

Verizon
    Unlimited data for $30/month (temporary offer).
    2 GB of data for tethering or hot-spotting for $20/month

AT&T
    200 MB for $15/month.
    2 GB for $25/month.
    Tethering for $20/month; no additional data included. (No hot-spotting available.)

Brian@ASUS
    what happens if you turn it on but dont use internet data? does it still charge?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast