cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo speed problem hero VI

tempest79
Level 7
i did one of the latest bios updates for my mobo what im thinking was a huge mistake on my end. Its a hero VI so i can use the i7 4790k what i have on order right now. anyways Im having problems with my i5 4570. its a 3.2 ghz turbos at 3.6 since the bios update 1603 i see it going at 3.4 max i went back to a slightly older bios because the bios was acting funky. id reset the bios it would read my cpu right .. i start windows id see 3.4 ghz and the bios now sees it turbo 3.4 ghz. with bios 1505 now the bios sees it at 3.6 but windows runs it at 3.4 and the modifier is wrong. supposed to be 100x36 its only doing 98.8 x34 That would account for the problem but How do i fix this i have no real desire to mess with settings to make a locked cpu run properly. is this Hero going to be a pain in the butt? do i really have to fork out extra cash to get a properly working board? It was fine till i decided OK i7 4790k. i mean its 200 mhz but thats 200 im NOT getting. any help would be great. do you think windows is being retarded? It is possible but who knows.
4 REPLIES 4

tempest79
Level 7
Its the new bio updates. Its possibly reading the speeds wrong Or the bios is meant for the 4790k only I'll find out Friday.i rolled it back to 1402 and its fine reading 3.6 ghz 100.0x36. If it sends my i7 to a whole 4.2 ghz and not its proper turbo speeds It makes it a lil quirky to Overclock it. ill just get the Hero VII. With the new bios updates in order for me to properly get 3.6 ghz on its turbo i had to adjust the multiplier and that in turns starts over clocking my ram. and sends everything to whacked out numbers. Makes me wonder if asus thought of Quality controlling the bios releases

tObber
Level 7
Have you followed the guide on first page?:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48855-Must-Do-s-for-making-4790K-work-with-Maximus-VI-Mothe...

As I see it, you should install the 4790k cpu before flashing your BIOS.

/cheers

tempest79
Level 7
i dont have the 4790k yet it will be here tmw. I reflashed my bios to the latest and AGAIN it reads my i5 at 3.4 ghz max turbo in the bios and in windows. Is this bios only meant for the i7? as anyone else had this problem? i loaded optimized defaults and so on i even cleared my bios and did it again same results. so im hoping that when i plug this i7 in tmw night it works properly or this board is gooooooone for a new hero

all is good the i7 works properly I guess it was because the bios was made for the i7