cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] This is disappointing

John93
Level 7
Hi!

I have recently bought an ASUS GTX 780Ti DCII and i'm currently very disappointed in terms of overclocking. The card overclocks really badly, even with custom BIOS that lets the voltage go up to 1.21v (never does otherwise, 1.175 max), the amount of overclocking is ridiculously low and considering i'm water cooling it, i should be able to get much more than that out of it, but no, it does not want that, less than 1200mhz even at 1.21v and games keep crashing. The temps never go past 45C so i might have wasted money on that water block for nothing. However, i would like to know if anyone has some sort of custom BIOS that maybe lets me go up to 1.3V or has better OC potential than the ASUS bios? And is there anything else i can do to be able to get higher clocks? I'm currently using custom BIOS from skyn3t which has tweaked the gpu settings so that it has the same base clock as boost clock and also lets me go up to 1.21v but even that is not really helping! I would really appreciate it if someone has a solution for this.
3 REPLIES 3

Dicehunter
Level 10
It's quite simple, You didn't win the silicon lottery, I have 2 x 780 Ti's in my brothers rig, 1 of them does 1300MHZ, The 2nd does 1150 MHZ, The only thing you can do is either stay with what you have or get another 780 Ti.

John93
Level 7
Turned out the voltage wasn't even being cranked up to 1.21v, but now it does with a little executable that removes overvoltage and overclock protection from this card and i can get up to 1266MHz out of it before it starts to artifact, but im satisfied with that for benchmarks and a little less for 24/7 operation, almost 6000 points in Fire Strike X so it's satisfactory.

Gawlron
Level 7
I've got 3 680s, and they each OC differently. The funny part is the serial numbers are sequential.

Congrats on the OC'ing!
ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | INTEL i7 4930K | G.SKILLZ RIPJAW X 32GB | ASUS STRIX GTX 980 TWO-WAY SLI | CUSTOM WATER COOLING
RIP