cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jw-a1 what ssd?

Andrew_85
Level 7
Hello everyone

I'm new in the forum,my name is Andrew and at the monument I'm in the south of china for busiennes.

Few days ago my laptop was giving my problem,getting alway stuck on windows 7 after few minutes since started.i tried to restore to earlier point but I still had the same problem so after backing up on my usb3 hard disk I decided to format and buy a good ssd.

I always wanted to get one so now I think is the good time,can you please suggest me what ssd fits the best with my g73jw-a1?

I heard that there are some problem with the vertex 3 is that true?

Can I restore my backup when I set up the new ssd?

Regards
Asus G73jw-A1 - Crucial M4 128gb SSD - 14 Gb DDR3 RAM - Windows 7 Premium X64
15 REPLIES 15

PILGRIM
Level 11
I changed my stock primary HDD into a 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD and so far, it's been working as it should be.

The HDD and SSD obviously do basically the same things, so restoring your backup (whatever it is) shouldn't be a problem.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

ricksaint
Level 8
Go with the Crucial M4. That's the best out there in terms of a balance between performance, price and reliability.
Asus G74SX-DH73-3D, Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit - 14gb of RAM,
Clean install on 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 750gb WD 7200 rpm HDD for storage,
Blu-ray™ ROM/DVD±RW combo drive, 3 GB (dedicated) NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 560M graphics, driver v. 285.62, 3D Capable.
BIOS ver 203

Andrew_85
Level 7
Thanks for your answers guys,could you please tell me your read/write speed?

Is it worth it?

I don't really mind about the price bc I was just thinking to get the 120gv so will not be very expensive,it's enought space right?

Andrew_85 wrote:
Thanks for your answers guys,could you please tell me your read/write speed?

Is it worth it?

I don't really mind about the price bc I was just thinking to get the 120gv so will not be very expensive,it's enought space right?

Here are my CDM numbers:

I'd suggest you get the 128gb or larger.
Asus G74SX-DH73-3D, Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit - 14gb of RAM,
Clean install on 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 750gb WD 7200 rpm HDD for storage,
Blu-ray™ ROM/DVD±RW combo drive, 3 GB (dedicated) NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 560M graphics, driver v. 285.62, 3D Capable.
BIOS ver 203

ricksaint wrote:
Here are my CDM numbers:

I'd suggest you get the 128gb or larger.

I don t know why but my ssd it's not giving his best what should I do?

Chastity@ASUS wrote:
The G74SX supports SATA III, however the C-States of notebooks will cause a small performance hit, as they are more aggressive is power saving, even in High Performance mode.

You can test this using ThrottleStop and disabling all C-STates.

Here's a quote from another thread on what you can do to increase SDD performance on your laptop. You only receive the benefit while ThrottleStop is running on your system after making the configuration change. You'll need to check its checkbox in the Startup tab of MSCONFIG.EXE to launch it on Startup.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Hi Buddy thanks but I can t find it . .I have a G73 is the same thing?or am I doing something wrong?

Retired
Not applicable
Andrew_85 wrote:
Hi Buddy thanks but I can t find it . .I have a G73 is the same thing?or am I doing something wrong?

SATA 2 speeds vs SATA 3 speeds G73 vs G74. you will be limited by the sata controller

Andrew_85
Level 7
Thank you so much.

last night btw one movie and the other I activate from the book the asus system recovery,so now I have a fresh windows installation on my laptop and I been trying to restore the image that I have on my external hard disk but from both ssystem and windows it tell me that I need the windows DVD to restore it,what should I do?

I don't have a with me the windows DVD?