cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751-JY keyboard slugghish! (and other issues)

Volador
Level 7
Hello everyone, my first post here and my first asus laptop yay!

Unfortunately i have to say that for a 2000 € laptop i'm having annyoing issues with this computer. I was thinking of this or MSI for my computer but all of the reviews said that the build quality and cooling of the asus is extremely good. And my desktop has always had asus monitors and graphics card plus all of the laptops on my workplace (purchased by me 🙂 work just fine! Now for the first time i'm starting to regret my choice (unfortunately). My problems are of the following:

-Laptops keyboard feels unresponsive. My typing speed is really fast and the keyboard seems to miss a letter here and there. I'm certain that i apply enough of pressure on the keys but still it feels like the I/O of the keyboard jams and it does not register the letter. It's usually if i'm writing a word that has two of the same letters in a row. This rant i'm writing on usb connected normal Logitech K120 keyboard and all of the letters that i write come on the screen fine. This is extremely annoying problem, so i was wondering that is anyone else having the same issues? I tried to read most of the threads that could have some answer or have people with an similar issues but came on empty handed.

SOLVED FOR ME BY DISABLING INTERNAL POITING DEVICES FROM BIOS (im using external usb mouse)

- Right top corner of the screen bezel is squeaky, like as if its loose and when i press on it it makes a clicking sound like it settles back. If i press about 1-2 inch left or down from the spot it clicks back up.

CANNOT BE SOLVED WITHOUT SENDING MACHINE FOR MAINTENANCE, NOT A BIGGIE.

- Also using the sound presets on the asus rog audio wizard make the speakers sound funny. If i click on any of the presets almost all of the bass is removed from the speakers (or headphones) and the sound goes completely crappy. If i click the asus rog audio wizard off it works fine. This issue came after i installed the latest drivers from asus site. I tried to revert back to earlier drivers but the problem is still there.

- i have one stuck pixel on the right top side of the screen, tried JScreen to get rid of it but it did not help.

CANNOT BE SOLVED WITHOUT SENDING MACHINE FOR MAINTENANCE, NOT A BIGGIE.

- Subwoofer is giving out the front audio, not bass. Im currently only using headphones which work fine and waiting for a driver update.

ASUS IS INVESTIGATING THE PROBLEM

I know that the bezel issue is common and other people have it too.. its not an biggie even tho its not that top quality that reviewers wrote about and the audio system is having lots of problems and that asus knows about them (driver issues), im certain that the audio thingy will be fixed eventually. But this typing issue is the most annoying thing in the world (After that squeking chicken on youtube). Someone please help!!!!

Kind regards
Volo
30 REPLIES 30

Volador
Level 7
I just did an full computer recovery back to factory settings. ROG audio wizard started to work after the reset. Music had nice bass etc. well then i went to asus site and installed the newest realtek audio driver and the rog audio wizard stopped working immediately. I can still select from the presets but the sound is really thin without bass. I also noticed that there is selections small, medium and large for the speakers. After the recovery i could click on them and the soundscape would change.. after the driver update i can't select them anymore and the sound is really thin without bass. Now the best preset is off.

I wanted to use the recovery to see if this keyboard issue is affected by drivers that i had installed previously. I'll continue to use the computers own keyboard for a few days and see if i still get those random "key press not registered" issues.
I

Volador
Level 7
It seems that the problem persists. I read last night that some macro key software could make this problem so i removed asus macro key's utility but it did not help. Seems like im all alone with this problem?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
To fix your letters not registering, go to charm bar > Settings > Change PC Settings > PC and Devices > Mouse and Touchpad > Touchpad

Turn the delay OFF or to Short if you like the feature.

It might be on medium.

For your bezel, just take off the rubber foot, grab a Phillips head screw driver ( + ) and tighten it up a little. The foot will stick back in the slot when placed back in.

P.S. Sorry for the late response, I'm not normally in the G751 realm, I'm more in the G750 area. Hope it helps your issue.

Volador
Level 7
Hello Darnassus and thanks for the reply!

I had the touchpad diasbled all the time. I use normal usb-gaming mouse. How does that touchpad delay affect the keyboard? The setting was on medium and i changed it to off. I'm not sure what its supposed to do? I'll try your fix and report if the problem is gone.

There is a really small rectangle shaped rubber feet on the screen next to the spot where the bezel makes the clicking sound. About 1-2 inch away from it. There is a second similar rubber feet about 2 feet down from the spot on the right side of the bezel. I removed the other and there was no screw under it. They are really thin.. maybe on G750 model they are bigger and hide a screw under them?
You can see them on this picture: http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/ce912c23c2fb6232598121500ba81a3d/201005458/rogfullbleed3.jpg

I think that on this model the front and the back of the screen is pressed together with those plastic rims that make the parts go together..atleast i cant see where they could have hidden screws in it.

But anyways, thanks for the reply i'll try out your fix!

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Oh wow you're right.. there's no rubber feet anymore. How weird.. I did not notice.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Oh wow you're right.. there's no rubber feet anymore. How weird.. I did not notice.

Volador
Level 7
I can confirm that the problem persists, the keyboard feels sluggish and is not registering all of the key presses/letters i write.

I've also noticed that i have an jammed pixel on the screen... trying to fix it with JScreen. I've contacted Asus on these problems and they are investigating (i sent some photos of the screen etc.).

Volador wrote:
I can confirm that the problem persists, the keyboard feels sluggish and is not registering all of the key presses/letters i write.
I've also noticed that i have an jammed pixel on the screen... trying to fix it with JScreen. I've contacted Asus on these problems and they are investigating (i sent some photos of the screen etc.).

Volador, the standard cure for this on the G750 series is to use Asus Gesture to disable the Touchpad when an external mouse is connected, and use an external mouse. That brings the keyboard into full response, you might give it a try on the G751.

The SmartGesture systray app looks like a tiny touchpad. After enabling the touchpad disable, and connecting a mouse, there will be a round red circle with an X in it on the icon.

Please come back and let us know if that works 🙂

Great info... also- try downloading and installing the ASUS G751JY (or JT) Keyboard Filter driver... that SEEMS to have cured the same issue with keyboard delay or miss of stroke that I had. I say this because I tried no other fixes before I tried that! Hope it helps 🙂 If not, one more thing to add to the list of "try this's." Good luck Volador.