cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtek HD Audio Codec ALC269/Drivers R 2.66

Lorca
Level 7
I just tried this new Realtek driver that has an equalizer and i must say it's pretty good. I noticed about this new equalizer when I realized that my THX audio was disabled(don't know how that happen) Anyways, I thought Realtek was overriding my THX audio so I open my Realtek audio but to my surprise, this new Realtek HD audio is better than THX. Is it just me or anyone else feeling the same?
4 REPLIES 4

Icemanforlife
Level 9
Which laptop series do you have? I have a G73SW and am wondering if the new drivers will work on mine

Icemanforlife wrote:
Which laptop series do you have? I have a G73SW and am wondering if the new drivers will work on mine

I have the G74SX-BBK7. I'm no expert but I don't think it will hurt your G73SW(if it had the same brand of Realtek Audio to begin with) It isn't like you are messing with your BIOS; now that's a dark place where one can really mess up the pc.

UPDATE: I've just check @chastity sticky thread and in the "audio system" she/he doesn't say anything about Realtek drivers being for this or that version of G7's. So I guess the drivers are for everyone. Btw, @chastity thread doesn't have this new driver I believe. Go here:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/realtek_audio.htm

Also, I got this info from another fellow member who has other updates:

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5224-New-Drivers

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Lorca wrote:
I just tried this new Realtek driver that has an equalizer and i must say it's pretty good.

The Realtek drivers have always incorporated equalizers as long as I've used them (many years and many computers), but they don't necessarily make it easy to find. I've never really understood why so many people preferred to use the THX "Crystalizer" instead. It's kind of a blunt tool, by comparison, though it does provide a quick, convenient way to get much-improved sound out of these teeny tinny laptop speakers.

Realtek drivers, BTW, are fairly universal. Most laptops with Realtek audio use the ALC269 HD chip, and the driver that Realtek posts on their own site is always the latest one, and it should be compatible with any computer that uses that chip.

BrodyBoy wrote:
The Realtek drivers have always incorporated equalizers as long as I've used them (many years and many computers), but they don't necessarily make it easy to find. I've never really understood why so many people preferred to use the THX "Crystalizer" instead. It's kind of a blunt tool, by comparison, though it does provide a quick, convenient way to get much-improved sound out of these teeny tinny laptop speakers.

Well, my previous Realtek HD Audio didn't have an equalizer and there's a thread somewhere in this forum talking about this issue. The new Realtek HD Audio manager has the exact interface as my old one but now it has the equalizer incorporated. But you might be right. Perhaps is hard to find it in other versions. This new one is where it should be.