cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty for Raidr express?

stevenskl
Level 7
How long is the warranty for the Raidr Express in Germany? My card, which is only over 1 year old, only detects one internal SSD. So it`s actually dead!
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hello stevenskl

Here in the U.S. the raidr express has a 3 year warranty, I'm not sure what the warranty is in Germany.

Can you call them to find out?

I`ll call them. The online dealer, from which I bought it, only wants to give me about half the price back, because it cannot be repaired or replaced in a timely manner.
Unfortunately I cannot find anything about warranty on the german website. Do you have a link to warranty regulation on Asus` website?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

ASUS warranties are region specific. You will need to contact ASUS support for your location to inquire about the terms of the warranty.

stevenskl
Level 7
I contacted Asus Germany via telephone. I have been talking to a rather unfriendly guy, who told me that Asus does not give ANY warranty to an end user and that I have to contact my dealer in terms of warranty. This dealer (Alternate) tells me that the card cannot be repaired or replaced in timely manner and only wants to give me half the price back. What a bummer, Asus! This was the last product I bought from you!
If , here in Germany, the manufacturer doesn`t give any additional warranty, you are left with the one that is obligatory by law. And this is:
You have 24months of warranty, BUT......after 6 month the customer has to prove that the product was already faulty, when he bought it.
This is IMPOSSIBLE in reality! How shall I prove this?
That`s why many manufacturers give additional warranty to the end user. But ASUS does not! Shame on you!

My question is:
Why is there a warranty on the back of the box, if it`s not for the user but the dealer? If it`s up to the dealer to forward this warranty to me, it`s worthless!
What does Asus want to tell the user with this warranty label on the back? It seems to be for the enduser, but it`s not in reality. So don`t print it on the box!

Praz
Level 13
Hello

ASUS is following the laws for your location. After the time limit for warranty with your place of purchase has expired if any additional warranty is remaining than ASUS would be able honor that portion of the remaining warranty. There is noting ASUS can do regarding this and pointing a finger at ASUS is misplaced blame. In the future it sounds like you need to more carefully consider which etailer/retainer you do business with.

stevenskl
Level 7
Praz,
why doesn`t Asus give warranty to the enduser instead of giving it to the distributor or dealer?
It doesn`t make sense to me that there is a 3 years warranty on the back of the box, if it isn`t adressed directly to the end user. IMO there is no law that warranty can not be given from a manufacturer to an enduser directly in Germany.
Asus told me that they don`t accept an RMA from an enduser.
I`ve already had cases of warranty from other manufacturers and I could send the item directly to the manufacturer. So Asus could also do it this way. Why don`t they?
BTW. support was totally unable to help me, when I first tried to find out what`s wrong with the SSD. The guy told me, that he doesn`t have any clue about that card, because he and his collegues did not have any training for it. Great 😞