cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cpu speed: 800mhz on my RB readout

tritoch
Level 7
Here's my full benchmark http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=5516

I was just wondering how to change the 800mhz on the readout. I've OC my 4770k to 4.4ghz but the realbench doesn't uses that number
2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi tritoch and Welcome to ROG. Not sure where you OC from but Realbench indicates multiplier set to 8, hence 4 x 100 =800

All OCing should be done in your Bios and a reasonable understanding how to OC.

Recommend you read up and have a reasonable understanding on EUFI Bios from Raja's guide. It may not be exactly according to your MB Bios but the principles are the same. Go here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33488-Maximus-VI-Series-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking&highlig...

BCLK Frequency: BCLK is the reference clock frequency from which processor related frequencies are derived. 100 BCLK is default. Changing BCLK affects processor, memory, DMI and PCIe bus speeds. We advise to leave BCLK at its base setting for most overclocking. Usage of processor multiplier ratios and CPU strap settings is preferable.

For an easy overclock, simply set the multiplier ratio, then save and exit. Voltages will automatically change according to our rules, and should be sufficient for stability. For a good aftermarket air cooler, or closed loop water cooler, try a setting from 41- 43X (4.1 - 4.3GHz) then save and exit for an easy processor overclock.

MM
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

elesde
Level 10
Just to chime in here real quick... RB shows the idle clock on my machine as well with OC while the power saving features are enabled.
One way of getting it to show max clock would be to set the power profile in Win temporarily to high performance.