cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GPU Tweak breaks my ROG 780Ti

solsol
Level 7
Hi all, this is my first post here.

I'm now having some serious issues with my Asus Rog 780Ti video card.

I've been researching online for the whole day, but I couldn't found any solutions or helps to solve my issues, therefore, I came here to ask for help!

Before this issues happened, my pc ran flawlessly. But..... stupid me went into Asus GPU Tweak and try to overclock my Asus Rog 780Ti today. Right after I set the gpu clock speed and pressed the "APPLY" key. My monitor screen went black, then my system hangs. Then I reboot my pc as usual, but right when it booted up, I noticed there's a lots of artifacts lines all over the screen, from bios to after windows login, I'm using Windows 7 x64. Also, my screen resolutions got locked @800x600 and I was using a 1920p monitor. Then both of the Asus GPU Tweak and Nvidia Control Panel won't launch anymore, which I can't access to reset to factory default valves. After some more researching, I decided to try and reflash the gpu bios back to org factory default, and hope it'll reset the gpu clock speed back to stock and might solves this issues. But, sadly, even though the gpu bios flash progress went successfully. My artifacts issues still remains. I'm now running out of clues on how to fix this issues. Is my Asus Rog 780Ti now dead? and should I go try to RMA the videocard?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

ps. looking thru the older page on this forum, I found someone else who had the exact same issues as mine but on a non ROG 780ti, but the post were not updated, therefore, I'm unsure if he/she had its issues fixed or not.

The following are some pics i took with my phone and hopefully it'll show the issues more clearly.

Artifacts @Windows 7 x64

Artifacts @BIOS

GPU Tweak wont Launch ps. I do have the nvidia driver installed here.

Screen Resolutions locked @800x600

GPU-Z info

3 REPLIES 3

Asus11
Level 7
by any chance did you short the LN2 pads? theres a known bug which will fry your 780 ti matrix with GPUtweak if in LN2 mode.

not sure if its been remedied with the new launch of GPU tweak, sorry to say it seems like your cards memory has gone 😞

Mikan02
Level 7
Hi 🙂
Agree with above 😆
Either way you can not fix that, RMA that card as fast as possible while you can.

regener
Level 7
Have you tried to clear every nvidia driver files and settings with DDU? (this one: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ )

Try it, install the last working driver again with "Clean install" ticked and let's see.

Also GPU-Z can't show proper sensor info until you installed the drivers, so your last 2 screenshots are not "errors".