cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero Error A2 - Graphic card fans is running fast

IzzyK91
Level 7
I build my pc in April. It was my first time building and lucky it worked perfectly till this point. Yesterday I was learning how to code lua and suddenly a thunder storm came and the electricity went and my PC obviously shut down. I woke up today and started the pc and to my surprise the fans in the pc was going all out and nothing appeared on the screen, so I checked my pc (cause the fans I use are ultra silent) and it was the graphic card. It was running at full fan speed. I tried almost everything I could think of. After troubleshooting I took out the graphic card and put back all the cable and HDMI on motherboard and finally the screen showed up. The only problem is every time I put back graphic card the fans goes nuts. I would also like to mention that I put the GPU back on and with the HDMI on motherboard and checked the bios to see the GPU results but the GPU didnt show up on the GPU menu, Its empty on GPU#1 PCE x16/x8. Which is weird because the fans are running on the gpu and I connected the PSU wires to the GPU aswell. I am getting A2 as the code on the motherboard. Did any of you experience the same? Do you guys have any tips to fix this?

BTW computer specs are below just in case the info is needed.

EVGA GTX 780TI SC
Intel i7 4770K
Corsair H100i (Watercooling)
ASUS PCE-AC68 AC1900 (Wireless PCE)
Harddrives (1 Samsung EVO 256GB SSD, 2x SATA Hardrive)
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hello IzzyK91

It sounds like your 780ti took a hit from the storm. Is there any way to test it in another pc? If not can you have a pc shop test it for you?

You can try clearing the cmos with the button on the back of your motherboatd.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello IzzyK91

It sounds like your 780ti took a hit from the storm. Is there any way to test it in another pc? If not can you have a pc shop test it for you?

You can try clearing the cmos with the button on the back of your motherboatd.

unfortunately I dont another pc to test it with, i could send it to warranty if its certain that the graphic card is dead/not working.

Nate152
If it's not showing up in the bios it either died or you don't have it fully seated. And I'm pretty sure you know how to install a gpu so I would suspect it died.

Try your 780ti in the other pcie slot.

Nate152 wrote:
If it's not showing up in the bios it either died or you don't have it fully seated. And I'm pretty sure you know how to install a gpu so I would suspect it died.

Try your 780ti in the other pcie slot.

I checked couple of times and it seemed to be fully seated, hopefully thats not the problem, but i'll try doing what you said i have one more pci-e but its x8, can you place a 780ti on pci-e x8 port, just want to be sure? not to mention I have to take out my asus wireless adapter which is connected right below the pci x8 port because 780 cant be placed otherwise, and the other pci port for the adapter is right above the pcie x8 port hopefully i can place it without 780ti getting in the way. Appreciate your help 🙂

IzzyK91
Level 7
I tried putting it in the PCI-e x8 port, still same problem guess I have to send it to warranty or something.

Nate152
Yeah, send it off for a replacement and let us know if that gets you going, I'm pretty sure it's dead. A 780 ti can run at x8, the reason it is running at x8 is you have a pci card installed.