cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Case Advice

D2Beetle
Level 7
Well my Xmas computer build has encountered another hurdle; the Corsair Obsidian 750D case from Amazon had to be sent back as the front face plate clips were broken and there was no mounting hardware included. So I am looking for other cases equivalent to the Corsair 750D; any suggestions?

I have also taken a step back on the water cooled idea; not in the budget.
10 REPLIES 10

NemesisChild
Level 12
I'm a big proponent of the Cooler Master HAF series, the 932 Advanced would be a good choice.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Thanks NemesisChild, I have another XMas build to do, my oldest wants an upgrade; so I will look into your suggestion. I did receive the replacement Corsair case from Amazon and it is up and running.

NemesisChild wrote:
I'm a big proponent of the Cooler Master HAF series, the 932 Advanced would be a good choice.

+1

just watch out for the dust it collects
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

D2Beetle
Level 7
Follow up ... Amazon was nice enough to send me a replacement 750D. Excellent case and I got a Zalman fan for cooling, works as advertised! 🙂

Nate152

light007speed
Level 7
I hear Caselabs cases are expensive...but the quality and workman-ship is second to none. Is that true??
i myself never owned a Caselab, but i will look into it for sure in my next build. Nothing worst than shoddy parts, broken fittings, missing screws etc.
Asus & MSi FTW (For the WiN 🙂 !!

light007speed wrote:
I hear Caselabs cases are expensive...but the quality and workman-ship is second to none. Is that true??
i myself never owned a Caselab, but i will look into it for sure in my next build. Nothing worst than shoddy parts, broken fittings, missing screws etc.

Yes, it's obvious and from high resolutions pictures that quality of their cases are best on market, far best.
After them I would vote for Lian-Li without doubt because they are loyal to aluminum years. OK many of their cases are not my style, on few models PSU are on bad place but they have really lot of models and some of them are perfect. For me 100% aluminum would be first requirement.
Only Caselabs use much thicker and massive aluminum and Lian-Li use very thin aluminum but again is better than kind of steal used for PC cases.
Everyone who live in USA and have chance to buy and want best quality I think should choose Caselabs cases.
It's bad because they are not available in Europe and shipping is very expensive. From other side Lian-Li for some cases ask more than Caselabs and they not worth more than Caselabs cases.

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
I've recently used a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case and have nothing but good things to say about it. The build quality is great and whilst it's a compact case I've still managed to fit a 420 and a 240 rad in there alongside a dual bay res pump combo and a ROG Front Panel. It's a good sturdy case at a reasonable price. I've read reviews about other cases they make and they all seem to rate pretty highly.

Jagdseelen
Level 8