cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus driver for Windows 10 : There will be ???

paulguru
Level 7
There will be the Windows 10 driver WHQL for Phoebus ?

I still have not bought this card and before i want to know if the Windows 10 WHQL driver is expected or not.

i dont want a card already old
17 REPLIES 17

pathfindercod
Level 8
Nah, its a dead product and has been abandoned..

pathfindercod wrote:
Nah, its a dead product and has been abandoned..

Since when ? And do you have any link to confirm that ? If that' so i will sell it then cause they didnt release any driver for 8.1 over a year

ViD0x wrote:
Since when ? And do you have any link to confirm that ? If that' so i will sell it then cause they didnt release any driver for 8.1 over a year

Do you have any issues with your card that you need a new driver? 🙂
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

paulguru
Level 7
dead ? just dead ?
And what is the actual product ?

pathfindercod
Level 8
No official link... BUT, the proof is in the pudding so to speak... No drivers update for the latest a official windows, many unanswered bugs and issues. No stock for over a year on Amazon and Newegg. Pretty much answers that. Sold mine over a year ago due to lack of support and issues.

Well,... what? "The proof is in the pudding"? LOL.. never heard this...

Hard so say whats caused by bad support and what by an abadoned product.
No stock on amazon,... maybe in SC - I ordered my one from Amazon, 119 Euro... still 17 in Stock...

Driver updates are always a issue at asus... but everythings fine with 8.1 here...
I stoped buying ASUS mainboards 10 years ago because of bad support,... for driver download the next best server was in Taiwan with 2,5kbit/s.. -.-

The Phoebus is really ok when you have no issues... like me ^^
But when you got problems... support is pretty bad...

paulguru wrote:
There will be the Windows 10 driver WHQL for Phoebus ?

I still have not bought this card and before i want to know if the Windows 10 WHQL driver is expected or not.

i dont want a card already old

Don't expect an official driver from Asus for windows 10 any time soon, One of the mods said they were working on a new driver around a year ago, We have heard nothing, Typical Asus they take your money and when it comes to customer support they are among the worst I've dealt with and so far I've had experience with all the major companies.

If you haven't bought the card then my recommendation is, Don't.

Look at getting yourself an AMP/DAC combo for the same price, Will outperform the Phoebus easily.

ViD0x
Level 7
Mine also working flawlessly. Non single issue with mic or anything else. Only no support at all.

Orion81
Level 7
I opened a ticket about this and the reply was that the product is not dead and will be receiving a driver. Problem here guys is that ASUS doesn't produce the device driver, C-MEDIA does. This is exactly the same as buying an ASUS graphics card with an NVIDIA or AMD chipset.

Moreover, the latest driver for Windows 8.1 (which doesn't support DRM playback) appears to work on Windows 10. Try the following;
1)Uninstall the Sound Card in device manager (not speakers) and select the option to delete existing drivers.
2)Uninstall Dolby Home Theater v4 and ASUS audio driver via control panel/Programs/Programs and Features/Uninstall a program
3)Reboot
4)Install the driver dated 22-Jan-2015
5)Reboot

As I said this driver does not work with DRM so no music downloaded from Groove Music, Film & TV, Netflix app, etc...