cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73sw Video/touchpad/Freeze problems

Retired
Not applicable
I bought a G73SW in May 2011 thinking it would be an awesome laptop. Turns out I was wrong...

The touchpad sometimes stop responding, (it doesn't totally stop but its partially responsive) I've tried all the fixes I've seen here but nothing worked.

When playing games the screen sometimes freeze for ~1 or 2 seconds it's not that bad but it's really annoying. It looks like a HDD problem because I alway hear the HDD loading when it's happening.

Last but not least, 6 months after the purchase I think the video card gave up on me.
I was playing a game and suddenly the game froze and the screen went blank. I tried rebooting my notebook but it rebooted without any display. After a little while I was able to reboot it with display but as soon as I started another game it crashed for good. Now I can't even get it to boot with display.

My video card drivers were up to date at the time of the crash. I tried pressing FN+F7 and hooking my tv to my laptop with a HDMI cable but to no avail.

I contacted Asus customers service last week and they told me that they were going to email me a label to send my laptop back to them but I still didn't receive anything.
I checked back with them today and they told me that their email server crashed in the US and they can't send any emails to customers.

I also found out that the G73SW had a faulty chipset. (http://service.asus.com/notice/Overview.aspx) Apparently I can get a refund or a free product replacement but I can't register my damn notebook because registration ended on june 30, 2011

Am I the only one with these problems? Do you think it's a video card problem or did I overlook something? Is the G serie just a crappy serie of notebook?
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable
I know your feeling, I just bought a G53 a month ago, thought it should be a great machine and.....unbelievable, it was in the Repair Center most of the time 😞 dead pixels, loosen screen cable, crappy warranty....
Wish to have a G laptop that works perfectly out of the box maybe too much for me.
All my frustration is here http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5217-HELP-g53sw-s-screen-becomes-white

Retired
Not applicable
Wow you're really out of luck... I hope my laptop won't end up like yours. And here I thought Asus were giving great quality products and service I guess I was wrong. Any suggestion for a better brand of high end laptop? (For the future)