cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help Asus !! G750JM Keyboard Issue with Fn Key

Sinless
Level 10
Good day !

In last August, i bought an Asus G750JM from XoticPC, they sent the laptop to Mexico, where i live, in December, when i pressed the space bar, c key, v key or any other "dual function key" the keyboard behave like i was pressing the Fn Key, i sent my machine to the local Asus service center in Mexico, and according to them, they were able to solve the issue, but it was not, so i sent them again, they told me they were not able to replicate this behavior on the keyboard. To sum up, i sent my laptop two times, they did nothing. Is there any way that i can send my laptop to US to repairs? because looks like the mexican service center is useless or they do not want to repair my G750JM, i have the two RMA numbers if you need it.

Please help
Asus G75VW-RS72 :cool:
Old reliable Qosmio X305
6 REPLIES 6

Darnassus
Status Under Review
That should be easy. ;3

Install this

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win8.1/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win81_64_VER100031.zip

Hit back if any luck. Don't forget to restart your compy! ;3

Sinless
Level 10
The ATK package is installed, but SOMETIMES when i press the c key for example, the cammera app shows up, but i din not press the Fn Key, same thing with arrow keys and all dual function keys like v, space bar, etc.
Old reliable Qosmio X305

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it?

There's no option in the BIOS for the FN key to be active all the time. I'll do a little more digging.

Sinless
Level 10
I updated the ATK package to the latest version, but the issue sometimes persist.
Thanks for your help dude.
Old reliable Qosmio X305

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Bump -- Someone who has better insight please say something.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
I'm thinking you need to update the Keyboard Device Filter Utility Driver.

KB Filter - Technically a driver, Asus lists this as a utility.
KB filter is a driver that adds additional features to standard keyboard functions such as enabling multiple key combinations.
The KB Filer also keeps multifunction keys separate from regular key strokes, so the fn keys will work as there meant to work.
You can download from this link>>>>>
KB Filter

Hopefully this will fix your issue my friend.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"