cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99-S occasional b2 code during reboot/post

dellguyz
Level 7
Hello there, I'm the user of X99-S motherboard.

My current system:
X99-S motherboard, 5820K CPU, GSkill DDR4 Ripjaws 2400Mhz, EVGA 970 graphics card.
Motherboard BIOS: 1203

There are no display signal (connect using displayport) from motherboard occasionally, sometime from the cold start, sometime from windows restart. Qcode mostly showing "b2". Ctrl-Alt-Del cannot reboot the machine under such error. Pressing reboot button mostly can boot again and successfully go into windows.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong going on? Do I have a defective mobo??

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hello dellguyz and welcome

Make sure you have the latest NVidia driver.

Since it's a random thing it could possibly be a faulty monitor cable or a loose connection.

dellguyz
Level 7
HI natel52,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have updated to latest display driver. The machine mostly could reboot success without touching the monitor cable, wondering will it still a cable issue??

Nate152
It could be, can you try another cable? You can try different cables too dvi, hdmi, display port.

dellguyz
Level 7
Thanks, will try and report later.

dellguyz
Level 7
Issue fixed! That is due to the VBIOS of my EVGA GTX970 not up-to-date and causing video signal error. EVGA technical support known this situation and they have VBIOS provided for customer. If you are GTX 900 series user maybe you could check with your manufacturer if you suffer similar error on your system.