cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage Formula extreme boot problem

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,
I just finished assembling my new computer but it will not boot.
The start button on the motherboard keeps blinking. The manual said it is suppose to stop blinking after 3 times when it is ready to boot. When I hit start, all comes up except the video. I tried different video cards and memory and took out all uncessary peripherals but nothing change. No beeps or error codes. The LCP poster is showing a timer. Any idea?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable
what code is the lcd poster showing?

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Welcome to Asus rog forum!

Try to find the LCD code error as Brian tell you. Or you can try plug a PC speaker in since I am pretty sure this board don't have one on it (only the 4pin connection) If you have any unusual beep code you can foward it here also or look at this site :
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Finally, try re-seating the CPU. LGA is far the best socket design but some time it can be itchy on the seating.

Keep us updated on that we will all offer the best help we can;)
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!