cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings, Asus G750jx Battery Issue. Appreciate any help.

Chris_Y
Level 7
Hi R.O.G members.

To not waste your time, I have a weird problem that I have not encountered before with this laptop.
It must have been this week, I always let my g750jx get down to around 94% battery so I may plug it in
and it will say 'Plugged in and charging', and I put the profile on balanced and get on with Youtube or gaming, But
as I am playing my game I notice a BIG drop in hit register and is very hard to play.

So I check my iConnection and its fine, but then I click on the battery option and it reads' Plugged in, not charging'.
The above has happened now 4 times, Where my laptop is behaving normally, then when it reaches 98% or 99% I am guessing, it
changes to not charging..?? And I know I had it charging and plugged in.

Please help me, as I have no idea what to do.
Chris. Y
3 REPLIES 3

hmscott
Level 12
Chris Y wrote:
Hi R.O.G members.

To not waste your time, I have a weird problem that I have not encountered before with this laptop.
It must have been this week, I always let my g750jx get down to around 94% battery so I may plug it in
and it will say 'Plugged in and charging', and I put the profile on balanced and get on with Youtube or gaming, But
as I am playing my game I notice a BIG drop in hit register and is very hard to play.
So I check my iConnection and its fine, but then I click on the battery option and it reads' Plugged in, not charging'.
The above has happened now 4 times, Where my laptop is behaving normally, then when it reaches 98% or 99% I am guessing, it
changes to not charging..?? And I know I had it charging and plugged in.
Please help me, as I have no idea what to do.
Chris. Y

Chris, that is how it works, the charging isn't started by plugging in the cable, that starts the electronics to manage charging. It may decide it's time to charge, other times it might wait for quite a while to start charging.

Even if you are below 94% and plug in, it might decide the battery is too hot - or some other sensor readings in concert might make it decide to wait.

There is no way to force it to charge if the charging manager decides to not charge - unplugging/plugging it in won't help - it might coincide with sensor readings at some point to look like that started it charging, but if you had just left it plugged in it would start when it decides the time is right.

This conditioning keeps the battery in best condition over time, even when it is plugged in all the time. 🙂

Coincidental differentials in gaming performance are just that, there is no connection with charging/not charging while plugged in to AC.

Chris_Y
Level 7
I am sorry for the very late reply, as I believe the issues was resolved :).

Thank you so much for your feedback Hmscott. take care

Chris_Y
Level 7
I am sorry for the very late reply, as I believe the issues was resolved :).

Thank you so much for your feedback Hmscott. take care