cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Q550L Fan runs all the time

ctann2001
Level 7
I have hunted all over the net looking for a fix to my problem. I cam across a thread with a vague comment that it was the GPU fan and not the CPU fan that was running and it was a problem with the BIOS. It doesn't really affect the performance much, but it is really annoying. I work at my computer a lot and the fan noise is not pleasant.

It seemed to really start when I updated to Adobe Creative Cloud. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be and the possible solution?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

151rum
Level 7
ctann2001 wrote:
I have hunted all over the net looking for a fix to my problem. I cam across a thread with a vague comment that it was the GPU fan and not the CPU fan that was running and it was a problem with the BIOS. It doesn't really affect the performance much, but it is really annoying. I work at my computer a lot and the fan noise is not pleasant.

It seemed to really start when I updated to Adobe Creative Cloud. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be and the possible solution?

Thanks

I had the same problem with my Q550LF, update the bios and it should fix it. One of the bios updates is described as "fan fix when NV something" I think its 1.07 or 1.08. But just get the newest update it will have the fan fix. The fans were not throttling at all, just staying max rpm.

151rum
Level 7
Oh and Q550 only has 1 fan.