cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW subwoofer not working when power on

csctbk
Level 7
Hi a11. So, the issue. When my G750JW powers on, subwoofer not working (no any sounds from it). Speakers working well. The only thing that fix it - remove the power cord - and it's start working :). Then insert power cord - no any issues, working well, speakers & sub, until next reboot...
Tested with drivers: Realtek 6.0.1.6870 (shipped with) and realtek 6.0.1.7443 (seems last one from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30).
Issue exists with installed/not installed Power4Gear.
I can change settings of subwoofer level in speakers properties - nothing happens.
Changing WavesMaxxAduio settings - no effect.
Win8.1 x64.
Any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12

navis995
Level 11
Try putting everything to 0 then put the woofer to 80% and audio to somewhere 50% and see if it works. While you're listening to music try changing the volume and see if the woofer still works.

Try to download drivers from the official site of Realtek rather than the Asus ones.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

navis995 wrote:
Try putting everything to 0 then put the woofer to 80% and audio to somewhere 50% and see if it works. While you're listening to music try changing the volume and see if the woofer still works.

Done. No effect.

navis995 wrote:
Try to download drivers from the official site of Realtek rather than the Asus ones.

First, uninstall MaxxAudio - nothing changes...
Then reinstall Realtek, the latest HD Audio Codec Driver R2.75 from http://www.realtek.com.tw. The issue still exists 😞 Only power cord removing (i.e. change to battery power) enabling subwoofer... When return to AC it's working well..till next reboot.
Also when changing manually to battery power plan and back with AC-cord inserted it's takes no effect - issue exists...

upd
Tried the following: remove power cord, change power plan to high performance, reboot with detached cord - and voila - sub is enabled and working well :). It is strange. The only thing is AC/DC adapter was changed recently through RMA (another issue), but the sub annoyed me with the old one too...

I have no thoughts.

hmscott
Level 12
You could try the latest .7459 Realtek driver from Asus Notebook Audio support page:

Notebook Audio drivers - Realtek Version V6.0.1.7459 - current confirmed to work on G751/G750, if you find a newer release version that works, please post the version number, URL, and G750/G751 model it works on.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

It's odd, but perhaps there are power plan elements in play... though I can't think of one off hand. If you have Power4Gear installed, uninstall it and use the Windows Power Plans. I use High Performance for Benchmarking to avoid CPU speed cycling - this keeps it at CPU Min/Max 100%/100%. And for normal everyday use I mostly leave it on Balanced with CPU Min/Max 0%/100%.

You could try going into the Audio Wizard on Battery and see if the settings change from what you had on AC Power... and the Sound Panel Speaker Properties Levels tab... not sure if there is a Check box for power saving disable on battery in there somewhere.

Unusual report. 🙂

Please come back and let us know what you work out 🙂

hmscott
Level 12
You could try the latest .7469 Realtek driver from Asus Notebook Audio support page:

Notebook Audio drivers - Realtek Version V6.0.1.7469 - current confirmed to work on G751/G750, if you find a newer release version that works, please post the version number, URL, and G750/G751 model it works on.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

It's odd, but perhaps there are power plan elements in play... though I can't think of one off hand. If you have Power4Gear installed, uninstall it and use the Windows Power Plans. I use High Performance for Benchmarking to avoid CPU speed cycling - this keeps it at CPU Min/Max 100%/100%. And for normal everyday use I mostly leave it on Balanced with CPU Min/Max 0%/100%.

You could try going into the Audio Wizard on Battery and see if the settings change from what you had on AC Power... and the Sound Panel Speaker Properties Levels tab... not sure if there is a Check box for power saving disable on battery in there somewhere.

Unusual report. 🙂

Please come back and let us know what you work out 🙂

psycho_vox
Level 7
Same problem here. After restart or sleep the subwoofer is turned off. The only thing that works is to unplag the charger. This is happening only when the charger is connected. On battery the subwoofer works ok. The Realtek version is .7469, the latest avaialable.
This is after a fresh install of win 8.1

LE. Tested with .7464 .7459 . 7301 . 7121
I think the problem is somewhere else.
Tested with and without power4gear.
.7301 is the one in the G750 JW download page. and worked fine before reinstalling windows.

Nonpossible
Level 7
I was having woofer issues recently, too.
Audio_Realtek_Win7_64_VER6017231 is the driver I just installed and the woofer and speakers are working fine now.

psycho_vox wrote:
Same problem here. After restart or sleep the subwoofer is turned off. The only thing that works is to unplag the charger. This is happening only when the charger is connected. On battery the subwoofer works ok. The Realtek version is .7469, the latest avaialable.
This is after a fresh install of win 8.1

LE. Tested with .7464 .7459 . 7301 . 7121
I think the problem is somewhere else.
Tested with and without power4gear.
.7301 is the one in the G750 JW download page. and worked fine before reinstalling windows.

Nonpossible wrote:
I was having woofer issues recently, too.
Audio_Realtek_Win7_64_VER6017231 is the driver I just installed and the woofer and speakers are working fine now.

Guys, before the last rash of Realtek releases to fix the G751 audio, the .7335 version was the one everyone was using on the G750... it was the release version for quite a while. You might give that a try and let us know if that works too, otherwise I can start recommending the .7231 version for G750's.

psycho_vox
Level 7
I think is a windows problem. Now I completely remove the Realtek drivers and I'm on default windows drivers. The speakers and subwoofer show as two separate devices and I can select which one to use. And the problem is still present. If I use the subwoofer and put the laptop to sleep, on resume I have no sound until I unplug the power jack. Weird problem.
No power4gear instaled. Balanced, High performance and Power Saver, all the same

psycho_vox wrote:
I think is a windows problem. Now I completely remove the Realtek drivers and I'm on default windows drivers. The speakers and subwoofer show as two separate devices and I can select which one to use. And the problem is still present. If I use the subwoofer and put the laptop to sleep, on resume I have no sound until I unplug the power jack. Weird problem.
No power4gear instaled. Balanced, High performance and Power Saver, all the same

psycho_vox, when you are back on the Realtek driver, after sleeping, try to switch the output from Speakers to Digital and back, or something else to wake up the driver to reset and start the subwoofer.

These kind of sleep related problems, like drivers not waking up after sleep, are common, and why I don't use sleep much. With the fast CPU/GPU and SSD, booting happens so quickly it hardly seems worthwhile sleeping.

After sleep you could also try plugging in headphones and unplugging them to reset Speakers/Sub .

Or, plug in headphones just before sleep, and unplug them after sleep; don't go to sleep with Subwoofer enabled.