cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS NV56M Down arrow stuck until pressed once

matrixleader
Level 8
Brand new ASUS NV56M that my friend bought which came pre-installed with Windows 8. Now he doesn't like 8 so I installed Windows7 for him and the good thing that the drivers for Windows 7 for that laptop model are there on the ASUS site.

The problem is, every reboot, it seems like the down arrow key is being continuously pressed even though it isn't. Like if you click on the Computer icon on the desktop (which is the first icon) you would notice that the selection jumped all the way to the bottom icon. Anything you select and the cursor jumps to the bottom icon as if you were holding the down arrow key. Now if he physically pressed the down arrow key just once, the problem is gone and the down arrow is no longer being pressed by itself.

I updated his BIOS, tried the Keyboard device filter for Windows 7 and even tried the Windows 8 once but the problem persists. It doesn't seem like a hardware problem otherwise the problem would be there all the time not disappear once he presses the down arrow key and it only happens ONCE until he reboots then it starts again when Windows starts.

Any ideas?
0 REPLIES 0