cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh install of Windows 7 Premium on G74s

philly1ms
Level 7
I want to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Premium on my laptop. I no longer have the recovery partition and was never given a Windows DVD. I followed the link to Microsoft to get an ISO image but when I put in my Windows serial number it says that I need to contact the manufacturer to get the software. Anyway to get a copy of this Windows version so i can load Windows? or do I need to spend $50 for ASUS to send me a copy?
Thanks
1 REPLY 1

GottiBoi55
Level 10
philly1ms@gmail.com wrote:
I want to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Premium on my laptop. I no longer have the recovery partition and was never given a Windows DVD. I followed the link to Microsoft to get an ISO image but when I put in my Windows serial number it says that I need to contact the manufacturer to get the software. Anyway to get a copy of this Windows version so i can load Windows? or do I need to spend $50 for ASUS to send me a copy?
Thanks

Hi philly, and welcome to the Asus ROG forum.

Try installing Windows 7
Premium with the option to activate later per online/phone.
I had the same problem with upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Pro.
I was able to activate per phone with no problem, it's fully automated.
They just ask a few questions, and they give you a code to activation

One question is sorta of tricky.
They ask "How many installs for this activation key" (something along those lines, don't remember the correct wording) Answer 0.
If you answer 1 the activation will fail, I answered 1 thinking of the factory install time and it failed (Microsoft will count that answer 1 as 2 activations, 1 plus the 1 you are activating now).

Hope this helps you my friend.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"