cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer will not reboot, but will boot from power off.

BeefSquatch
Level 7
I'm having an interesting problem. My computer will Boot from a power down position. However if I'm in windows 8.1 and choose restart I get the screen that I've attached. I have to press the reset button and then It will boot into windows normally. Essentially It'll boot every other time.

Hardware as follows:
FX-9590
Crosshair V, formula Z
32 Gg 1866 Kingston Savage Ram
1Tb WD blue HD
2 Nvidia GTX 970
Corsair 750 W PS.

Thanks for your input48331
6 REPLIES 6

chris635
Level 7
This will sound a little off the wall. Shut down your system then unplug the power cable from the PSU (leave the power switch on the PSU set to on). Push the power button on your computer case a couple of times (this is to drain all power from PSU, the motherboard, graphics card ..etc.) Turn off PSU switch. Plug PSU power cable back in, turn PSU power switch back on, start your system normally. Sometimes this stupid trick works. If not, will have to try other avenues.
Chris...Have a nice day.

Thanks for the quick reply Chris however I just did this about an hour ago replacing a case fan, but made no difference. I also switched the fast boot switch off but the problem still persists.

BeefSquatch wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply Chris however I just did this about an hour ago replacing a case fan, but made no difference. I also switched the fast boot switch off but the problem still persists.

This just started out of no where?
Chris...Have a nice day.

Are you overclocked at all? I would have a slightly similar matter while stress testing to achieve overclocks. The difference for me was after system lock up due to stress test failure, I would hit the reset button and it would restart to the same thing you are getting. I had to power down and restart. Hmmm, I'll have to think about this one.
Chris...Have a nice day.

BeefSquatch
Level 7
No it's been happening since day one. This computer was built only about aweek ago. Spent this week getting the 9590 stable. No OCing, everything is default except ram timing and and cpu power saving features are off

sectionate
Level 12
Replace the psu power supply cable. If that doesnt work try disconnect/reconnect psu cables to motehrber
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com